和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语故事

正文

英文名著精讲:The Kite Runner 追风筝的人(8)

2011-11-11来源:和谐英语
重点精讲:

skim v. 掠过
A seagull skims the water.
海鸥掠过水面。
 

pat v. 轻拍
He gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
他轻拍了一下她的肩膀让她放心。
He gave me a light pat on the shoulder.
他在我肩上轻轻一拍。

wrap v. 包
You should wrap up the gift in a paper.
你应该把礼物用纸包好。
I wrapped the rug around the sick man's legs to keep him warm.
我用毯子把病人的腿包了起来,让他暖和一点儿。

Wrap the meat in foil before you cook it.
把肉用锡箔裹起来后再烧。

glitter v. 闪烁
In these cities what remains of the old China is hidden by the glitter.
在这些城市里,旧中国所遗留下来的东西都被闪烁的灯光掩埋了。
He stared at me with a cruel glitter in his eyes.
他眼露凶光地瞪着我。

dangle v. 悬垂
The children sat on the high wall, with their legs dangling.
小孩子们坐在高墙上,脚悬垂着。

grunt v. 咕哝
The inspector gave a grunt of approval.
督学咕哝着表示赞同。

flip v. 翻转
He flipped to a fresh page and began to write.
他翻到另外一页,开始写了起来。

slap v. 拍击
He slapped me on the back on my way home.
在我回家的路上,他在我背上拍了一下。

lumber v. 缓慢地移动

flap v. 拍打
I flap the flies away but soon they fly back.
我把苍蝇赶走,但一会儿又飞回来了。
The curtains were flapping at the open window.
窗帘在敞开的窗户前摆动。