和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

可能改变你一生的11个问题:你会怎样回答?

2013-05-30来源:inc

可能改变你一生的11个问题:你会怎样回答?

Keep this list handy. Ask yourself these questions every day--without fail. And then, based on your answers, take action.
把这份清单放在手边。每天问问自己下面的问题—— 一定要回答。然后,基于自己的回答,采取行动。

1. Who would cry the most at my funeral?
在我的葬礼上谁会哭得最凶?

Those are people who love you unconditionally. Start returning the feeling.
有些人无条件地爱你。开始回报这些感情吧。

2. Do I spend enough time with the people who would cry the most at my funeral?
我有没有和那些会在我葬礼上哭得最凶的人度过足够多的时间?

Probably not. Even though those are the people who see the good in you, and make you feel good about yourself.
也许没有。即使他们是那些看到你优点的人,让你感觉良好的人。

3. Who would I want to cry the most at my funeral?
我会在谁的葬礼上哭得最凶?

Chances are those are the people you neglect the most. You care about them but you're taking them for granted.
很有可能是那些最被你忽视的人。你关心他们,但是你总是把他们对你的感情当做理所当然。

Stop taking them for granted.
开始珍惜他们吧。

4. Am I proud to tell people where I work?
我会自豪地告诉别人我在哪里工作吗?

If not, it's time to start looking elsewhere. Titles come and go. Money comes and goes. Pride is forever.
如果不是,该开始找工作了。职位来了又走,金钱也来来去去。只有自豪感是永恒的。

5. Is my company a business I would want my children to run?
我会不会想让孩子来经营公司的业务?

There may be aspects of your business you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy, much less your kids: insufferable customers, unbearable employees, difficult working conditions, uncertain long-term prospects.
你的业务中有一些方面你都不希望自己最大的敌人去面对,更不用提自己的孩子了:令人无法忍受的顾客、令人难以忍受的雇员、艰难的工作条件、不确定的长期前景等。

If you would say to your child, "No, I wouldn't want you to have to deal with that..." why do allow yourself to continue to deal with that?
如果你会对孩子说,“不, 我不想让你们去处理那些.......”为什么还让自己继续处理呢?

Naturally you want your kids to be happy. You also deserve to be happy. List the problems, then fix the problems.
当然,你希望你的孩子幸福。但你也要开心。列出问题,然后解决问题。

If you want a better future for your kids, show them the way by making a better future for yourself.
如果你想让孩子有个更好的未来,那你可以让他们看看你是如何让自己的未来更加美好的。

6. Does today feel different than yesterday?
今天的感觉是不是和昨天一样?

It should, if only in a very small way. Otherwise you're sitting still.
应该只有一小部分相同, 否则你就是停滞不前。

7. Do I say "no" more than I say "yes"?
我说“不”是不是比说“是”要频繁?

"No" ensures today will be exactly the same as yesterday. Or maybe worse.
说“不”会让今天和昨天一样,也许更糟。