和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

下班能准点走么?8招让你到点就走

2013-10-18来源:互联网

It’s time to leave work.
到了下班的时候了。

You are about to head out, when your last meeting runs over.
你开完今天的最后一个会议后准备离开。

Then you realize you have one more deliverable that is due, as well.
然后你意识到,你还有一个活儿应该交付了。

And suddenly, you are stuck at the office.
突然,你困在了办公室里。

下班能准点走么?8招让你到点就走

 

Is your departure from work like an obstacle course intended to keep you from leaving on time?
下班就像障碍课程一样,不让你按时离开吗?

Stuck at the Office
滞留在办公室里

You start the day with the best of intentions.
你怀着最好的打算开始了一天。

You plan on leaving work early to hit the gym and then you are having a dinner date.
你计划早点儿下班去健身馆,然后来个晚餐约会。

But, one thing leads to another. One meeting runs into another.
但是,一件事情又引出了另一件。一个会议开完了又开另一个会。

You end up being held late at work. And after meetings, you still have to finish up your work.
最后你工作到很晚。开完会后,你还是得完成工作。

Soon, it’s well into the evening.
一会儿,天就很晚了。

The gym has already been written off. And you are unfashionably late to your dinner date. (Or maybe you missed dinner altogether…)
健身馆已经没法去了。你的晚餐约会也迟到了15分钟以上。(或也可能你错过了晚餐约会)。

Tomorrow you repeat the same pattern.
明天你还是这样。

Is your office determined to prevent you from having a life?
你的工作决心要阻止你好好生活吗?

Escape the Office
逃离办公室

With a little advanced planning and saying “No” where appropriate, you can get out of the office on time.
提前做点儿计划,并在恰当的时候说“不”,你就能按时离开办公室。

Just like getting out the door at home on time, it takes some planning and advance action.
就像按时从家里出发一样,这也需要计划和提前行动。

But, it can be done. You can have a life after the office.
但是,这是可以做得到的。下班之后你可以拥有生活。