和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

员工心里话:老板原来你什么都不懂

2014-01-19来源:BI

Small businesses are by definition small: Relatively few employees, relatively cramped work spaces, and functions and responsibilities that often overlap.
正如小企业的定义那样:它的雇员相对而言比较少,工作地点比较狭窄,功能和岗位职责有重叠之处。

That's why one employee behaving badly is enough to destroy teamwork, ruin morale, and turn a solid business into a dysfunctional mess.
这就是为什么一个行为不端的雇员就足以摧毁整个团队、动摇军心,让整个公司运转失灵了。

Here are four reasons your employees could think you're an ass:
你的雇员可能认为他们的老板是个笨蛋,以下是四个原因:

员工心里话:老板原来你什么都不懂

1. You're a Bill Clinton.
你是克林顿。

Politicians have to be political. (Wow, that was obvious.)
政治家必须玩儿政治。(噢,这是显而易见的。)

Business owners don't; in fact, engaging in petty political games is probably the worst thing you can do.
生意人可不是这样;事实上,你应该远离政治游戏。

2. You hog the glory.
你贪图荣誉。

When all you care about is you, employees have no choice but to only care about themselves and not your business.
如果你只关心你自己的话,那你的雇员也只能自顾自,把你的生意扔一边儿了。

3. You play too many "emergency" cards.
“紧急”牌用得太滥啦!

Great employees automatically pitch in when the chips are down... unless you play too many artificial, "We have to take care of this right now!" cards, whether by whim or just because you can.
优秀的员工在公司遇到紧急情况时会自动投入工作……除非你老是用一些假话来骗他们,例如说“我们一定要马上解决这件事情!”不管你突发奇想或是你确实可以,都别把这句话用得太滥了。

Then after a while no one pitches in because "emergency" loses its urgency.
一段时间后,没人会在“紧急”情况时投入工作了,因为所谓的“紧急”已经失效了。

4. You really are an ass.
你是个彻头彻尾的笨蛋。

You're the guy who lives and breathes the Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.
你把这句话奉为金科玉律——“有钱人是老大”。

So when they see you, your employees think one thing:
这样每次你的员工见到你都会在心里偷偷说:

"Ass."
“笨蛋。”