和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

朝鲜人如何看待这个世界?看完这份问答我笑了

2016-12-20来源:和谐英语

Have you ever wondered what a typical North Korean's view of the world really is?
你可曾想过一个典型的朝鲜人到底是如何看待这个世界的?

Journalist and writer Eric Lafforgue did and on one his visits to the country managed to get an insight into the everyday life of a North Korean.
记者兼作家埃里克·拉弗格在游览朝鲜的时候试着了解了一名朝鲜人的日常生活。

Miss Kim is 20. She lives in Pyongyang, North Korea's capital. She is studying English. She assisted Eric during his sixth trip to North Korea as an assistant guide although she has never previously left the capital city of Pyongyang. Eric said she was shy at first, but became quite talkative as the days went on and described to the everyday lives of young North Koreans.
20岁的金小姐生活在朝鲜首都平壤。她目前正在学英语。虽然她以前从未离开过平壤,但在埃里克第六次游览朝鲜的时候,她是埃里克的导游。埃里克表示,最初的时候,金小姐有点害羞,但随着时间的推移,她变得健谈起来,而且还向埃里克讲述了一个年轻的朝鲜人的日常生活。

朝鲜人如何看待这个世界?看完这份问答我笑了

Do you know Michael Jackson?
你知道迈克尔·杰克逊吗?

I have heard of him, yes.
是的,我听说过他。

And Lady Gaga?
嘎嘎小姐呢?

I don’t know who he is, no.
没有,我不知道他是谁。

Why doesn’t English or American pop music reach your country?
为什么你们国家没有英国或美国流行音乐呢?

Mr Eric, because it is not what we like to listen to. But we know Mozart, Bach and Beethoven.
埃里克先生,因为我们不喜欢听这些。但是我们知道莫扎特、巴赫和贝多芬。

Why do boys and girls not dance together?
为什么男孩子和女孩子不一起跳舞呢?

They are shy, do you dance with girls that you don’t know, Mr Eric?
他们很害羞,你会和你不认识的女孩跳舞吗,埃里克先生?

What is the criteria for beauty in North Korea?
朝鲜评判美女的标准是什么?

Mr Eric, a woman should have big eyes, a high nose, a small mouth and a white skin and she should not be skinny. Women in North Korea are truly beautiful flowers.
埃里克先生,一名女子应该有大眼睛、高鼻梁、小嘴巴、白皮肤,而且不要太瘦。朝鲜的女子确实像花儿一样漂亮。

Do women find Kim Jong Un handsome?
女士们认为金正恩长得帅吗?

Mr Eric, that’s an outrageous question.
埃里克先生,这是一个非常无礼的问题。

Do you have any idea of the lastest European fashions?
你了解欧洲时尚吗?

No, Mr Eric.
我不了解,埃里克先生。

Young people buy jeans in which there are holes.
年轻人会去买有洞的牛仔裤。

Holes?
有洞?

Yes, they buy worn jeans or which have been ripped.
是的,他们会去买磨旧的或撕裂的牛仔裤。

I don't believe you Mr Eric, you are joking.
我不相信,你在开玩笑,埃里克先生。

Who is the richest person in North Korea?
朝鲜最富有的人是谁?

We are all equal, Mr Eric.
我们都是平等的,埃里克先生。

What happens if a South Korean crosses the border and comes to the North?
如果一个韩国人穿过边境来到朝鲜,会怎么样?

We welcome him.
我们会欢迎他。

And if a North Korean goes to the South? How do you imagine life in the South?
如果一个朝鲜人去韩国呢?你能想象朝鲜人在韩国是怎样生活的吗?

I have no idea, Mr Eric. I can’t.
我不知道,我不能去韩国,也不能在那儿生活,埃里克先生。

What happens if a woman becomes pregnant but is not married? Is the baby kept?
如果一名女子未婚先孕会怎么样?孩子会留下来吗?

That never happens.
绝不会发生这种事。

Yes but, you never know, an accident...
是的,但是,世事难料,比如说一场意外……

It never happens.
绝不会发生这种事。

How is AIDS treated in North Korea?
在朝鲜是如何治疗艾滋病的?

We don't have AIDS here, Mr Eric.
埃里克先生,我们这儿没有艾滋病。

What do you do if you lose your Kim Jong Il and Kim II Sung’s badge?
如果你丢掉了自己的金正日和金日成徽章,你会怎么办?
We don’t lose it.
我们不会丢掉徽章的。

Let’s imagine you put it in the washing machine with your clothes.
想像一下你把它跟你的衣服一起放进了洗衣机里。
It never happens.
绝不会发生这种事。

Do you always lock your bike in Pyongyang?
在平壤,你会一直锁着自己的自行车吗?
Yes, Mr Eric.
是的,埃里克先生。

So theft happens in North Korea?
所以在朝鲜,盗窃是常有的事?
No, it doesn’t.
不,不会。

If you lock it, there must be a reason why.
你锁上自行车一定是有理由的。
Your question is embarrassing. Let’s carry on with the visit please.
你的问题让我很为难。我们还是继续参观吧。

How old was Kim II Sung when...
当……的时候,金日成多大年纪了?
(Interrupts) We don’t say Kim II Sung, that’s disrespectful. We say the Great Leader Kim II Sung.
(打断)我们不会(直接)说金日成,这很不礼貌。我们会说伟大领袖金日成。

Who was Kim Il Sung for you?
对你来说,金日成是怎样的人?
Mr Eric, I can tell you that he was the pillar of my heart.
埃里克先生,我可以告诉你,他是我内心的支柱。

I want to offer you a gift, what would you like?
我想给你一个礼物,你想要什么呢?
Great leader Kim Jong Un would be a great gift.
伟大领袖金正恩会是一个很棒的礼物。

Would you like to visit a foreign country?
你想去游览另一个国家吗?
Yes Mr Eric, I would like to visit England.
是的,埃里克先生。我想去英国看看。

Why not the USA, as you speak English?
既然你会讲英语,为什么不选美国呢?

No, I only speak England’s English.
不,我只讲英式英语