正文
面试时做过最疯狂的事
The interviewer, a very senior technical guy, asked me, "So, do you have any questions for me?"
面试官是个非常资深的技术员,他问我:“你还有什么问题要问我的?”
I thought about it for a moment and said, "What's the worst thing about working here?"
我思考了一会,然后说:“在这里工作,最糟糕的事情是什么?”
He thought about it for a minute, then got up and closed his door, and told me. For like half an hour, in painful detail, getting more agitated as he went. Then he was done, and sent me on my way saying I'd hear back soon.
他想了一会,然后站起来,关上门,然后告诉了我,说了差不多半个小时,说得非常详细,越说越激动。然后他停下来,送我出去,告诉我,我很快就会收到答复。
The next day I got called back in. Seems that after he talked to me, he went and resigned, and the HR rep asked what happened in our interview.
第二天我就收到了回电。好像是面试官在同我交谈之后,他就去辞职了,然后人力资源代表问我在面试时发生了什么。
After I told them, in detail, I expected to hear nothing further. Instead, the CTO came in to talk to me, and asked if I would be interested in coming aboard to help him fix all the things that seemed to be wrong with the organization (and solve some cool technical problems as well).
在我详细地告诉他们之后,我就没指望收到其他什么消息。但是,首席技术官进来和我谈了一下,还问我是否有兴趣出国帮他处理所有组织上可能出的问题(而且同时解决一些很酷炫的技术问题)。
So I did.
我答应了。
This was a campus interview during my undergrad from a reputed technical institute in India.
这是我在印度一家有名的技术学院毕业期间的一次校园面试。
Interviewer: Tell me something about you that we can't get from your resume.
面试官:告诉我一些我们没办法从你的简历里知道的东西。
Me: I'm a very popular person in our class.
我:我在班里很受欢迎。
Interviewer: How popular?
面试官:有多受欢迎?
Me: (Without stopping to think for a minute): 8th popular person in class.
我:(毫不犹豫地)在班里第八受欢迎。
Interviewer: (Little puzzled with the answer) 8th popular?
面试官:(对这个回答有点困惑)第八受欢迎?
Me: Yes. There are 7 girls in our class.
我:是的。我们班有七个女孩。
The interviewer(s) burst into laughter.. I got the job offer.
面试官们放声大笑······我就得到了这个工作机会。
CEO & Founder: "So, since you worked at X, you must know Ms Y"
总裁兼创始人:“所以,既然你在X公司工作过,那你一定认识Y女士。”
Me: "Oh, I do know her. Quite a nut case if you ask me".
我:“哦,我当然认识她,要我说,她就是个疯子。”
(4 managing partners around the table, jaw dropped in awe)
(围着桌子坐的四个任事股东惊得下巴都掉了)
CEO: "She is the mother of my child."
总裁:“她是我孩子的妈妈。”
Me: "..."
我:“······”
CEO: "Indeed, she is insane. We split up a few months ago."
总裁:“她确实是个疯子。我们在几个月前离婚了。”
And yes, I got the job.
然后,对,我拿到了那份工作。
At an interview for a tech startup, I was asked, "where do you see yourself in five years?"
在一个科技创业项目的面试上,我被问到:“你觉得你五年后会在哪里?”
I answered, "in hollywood, making movies."
我回答道:“在好莱坞拍电影。”
I got the job. Three years later, the startup failed. Two years after that, I moved to Hollywood and am now making movies.
我得到了那份工作。三年后,那个创业项目失败了。又过了两年,我搬到了好莱坞,现在在拍电影。
Win, win.
这可是双赢。