和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

放松,耐心等一等,这才是生活

2019-04-20来源:和谐英语

I walked into a restaurant
我去一家酒店里的餐厅吃饭


and after going the menu, I ordered some food.
拿到菜单之后,我点了餐


After about 20 minutes a group of guys and ladies walked in
大概20分钟后,一群男男女女走进来,


and ordered theirs.
也点了餐


To my dismay, these folks got served first.
令我失望的是,服务员先送来了他们的食物


I watched as they began to eat and laugh heartily.
我看着他们开始吃饭,席间开怀大笑


I even overhead one of them bragging about how he's connected to everyone in the hotel
我甚至听到他们中的一个人吹嘘自己和酒店里每个人都很熟络


and I felt mocked.
我感到自己受到了嘲笑


I decided to leave.
我决定离开


Unable to take it anymore, I called the waiter.
忍无可忍,我叫了服务员


He calmly told me:
没想到服务员对我说


"Yours is a special order,
您下的菜单是一份特殊招待


being prepared by the head chef himself.
由厨师长本人烹饪


Their orders were prepared hurriedly by students on attachment
那些人的是由厨师长手下的学徒匆匆忙忙准备出来的


because the top chefs are busy with yours.
因为厨师长正忙着准备你的食物


That's why they were served first.
这就是他们的食物先上桌的原因


Please have some juice as you wait".
请您稍等一下,先喝杯果汁吧


I calmed down and waited patiently.
我冷静下来,耐心的等待着


Shortly after, my meal was served by 6 waiters.
没过多久,6个服务员齐齐上阵来伺候我吃饭


Unknown to me, the owner of the hotel
原来,我不知道的是,这家酒店的老板


(who happened to be an old long lost friend of mine)
(此人是我的老朋友,我们多年没有联系了)


saw me when I entered
我走进酒店的时候,正好看到了我


and decided to surprise me.
于是决定给我一个惊喜


She changed my simple meal to a five-star meal.
她为我把一顿简单的饭菜变成了一餐五星级的豪华宴席


The party at the other table were shocked.
旁边一桌的男男女女被震惊了


They couldn't stop staring.
他们眼睛一眨不眨的盯着我


Suddenly they were the ones murmuring ,
瞬间,他们变成了抱怨的一方


asking why they didn't get that kind of service and meal.
质问为什么他们没有享受到这么高级的服务,吃到这么豪华的食物


Such is life!
这不就是生活吗


Some people are ahead of you
有些人生活的步伐早于你


and are eating now,
他们已经在享受胜利的果实


laughing at you
他们嘲笑你


and talking about how they are smarter, wiser and better than you,
告诉你他们如何如何比你更聪明,比你更睿智,各方面都胜过你


how they are well connected , blessed, have money and are enjoying life.
告诉你他们如何如何人脉恒通,受到上天恩赐,有钱任性,享受着美满的生活


You are waiting tirelessly
而你还在承受着漫长的等待


wondering why it’s taking so long to breakthrough,
思考着为什么你想要获得成就,需要等待这么长的时间


You endure mockery and humiliation .
你忍受着旁人的嘲笑和羞辱


May be you've gone through depression or suffered severe mental anxiety.
也许你因此曾深陷抑郁,或者因为精神焦虑备受煎熬


Don't you worry!
请别担心!


Life has seen you
命运已经看到了你


and doesn't want you to be served a simple meal
不希望你获得的收获太过微薄


like those making a mockery of you.
就像那些嘲笑你的人所获得的一样


You're waiting long because yours is a special meal.
你之所以会等待这么久,是因为命运为你准备了一份特殊招待


It takes time to prepare.
需要花时间来准备这份招待


And only head chefs prepare them.
必须由厨师长亲自烹饪


Wait for your meal and relax.
所以,请放松一点,耐心等一等


When it comes that laughing party will be silenced for good.
当属于你的这份成就上桌的时候,那些嘲笑你的人会永远沉默下去