和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

此时此刻比梦想更重要

2019-06-13来源:和谐英语

When I was a boy I dreamed of my future.
当我还是个小男孩的时候,我总梦想着未来的生活

I was going to be a cowboy .
我想到自己长大当一个牛仔

I loved all the old westerns on television.
因为我喜欢所有电视里老旧的西部片

Then I dreamed of being a sailor
后来我又梦想自己会成为水手

and a soldier and fighting epic battles.
或者一个士兵,在战场上一战封神

After that I dreamed of being a fire fighter
之后我又梦想自己成为了消防员

and rescuing people from burning buildings.
从熊熊燃烧的高楼里拯救人们的生命

I just couldn't wait to grow up and be an adult.
我简直等不及要快快长大,做一个成年人了

Then I went to college and those dreams changed.
之后我进了大学,那些梦想都改变了

I thought I would be a psychologist,
我想我会成为一位心理学家

then I switched to being a teacher,
接着我又转为想要成为教师

and I also wanted to be a best selling author.
同时我还想成为一名畅销书作者

When I married and had children my dreams of the future changed again.
当我结婚成家,生儿育女,我对未来的梦想又改变了

Now it wasn't so much a certain career that I dreamed of
现在,我所梦想的不再单单是某种职业

but a time when I could be settled and secure
而是梦想着什么时候,我才能稳定下来,生活有保障

and my family and I would finally be problem free.
我和家人终于能够不再有任何烦恼

That dream, of course, didn't happen.
那个梦,显然,也没有实现

In fact, none of those dreams ever came to life.
事实上,那些梦想中没有一个实现过

It took me many years as well to realize that
其实我也花了许多年才明白

living in a dream future was living in an illusion
活在梦想中的未来时,就是活在幻想里

and that each moment I spent there was taking a moment away from the precious Now.
我在这幻想之中多沉迷一刻,我在珍贵的“当下”所拥有的时间就会少一刻

I saw that there could be no perfect, problem free future
我终于明白,世间并不存在完美而毫无瑕疵的未来时

because problems are a part of life.
因为问题是生活的一部分

And I realized that I was wasting my days wishing for some dream to come true
我意识到,期盼着某个愿望实现,这只是在浪费我的时间

when I could be fully living and loving each day I am given.
那些时间,我本应去好好生活,去热爱我被赐予的每个日子

It is only in the Now that we can truly live.
只有在当下,我们才能真正活着

It is only in the Now that we can truly love.
只有在当下,我们才能真正去爱

Our dreams for the future are just that: dreams.
我们对未来的梦想只是梦想

Whether they come true or not isn't as important as how we live each day here.
无论这梦想实现与否,更重要的是,我们如何度过当下的每一天

A hug shared today can never be replaced.
今天,去拥抱彼此吧,这个拥抱将无可替代

An act of kindness not given now is lost forever.
今天没有付出的善举,将永远无法补救

A moment of love missed can never be made up again.
如果错过表达爱意的机会,也将于事无补

Each second of the Now is precious and priceless.
当下的每一刻都万分珍贵,千金难求

Don't waste a one of them.
别浪费当下的一分一秒

Embrace them.
拥抱它们

Live them.
唤醒它们

Love them all.
热爱这其中的每一分一秒

Always live in the Now with a heart full of love, a soul full of joy, and a life full of kindness.
永远活在当下,带着一颗充满爱的心,一副充满喜悦的灵魂,一股充满友善的生命力。