和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

为什么我没有相信她?

2019-07-09来源:和谐英语

After I graduated from the university,
从大学毕业后,
I got so pressured in finding a job.
我面临找工作的巨大压力
I did a lot of applications
我投递了许多简历
both online and handing in person to a particular company.
网上投递,亲手交给某个公司的负责人,都有。
It occurred,
事情是这样的,
one day I went to hand in my CV to a certain company
有一天我特意去拜访某家公司并投递简历
and I wanted to meet the Human resource manager in person
我想亲自面见公司的人力资源部门的经理
because I believed it was the best option than leaving my CV at the reception.
因为我相信,比起把简历放在公司前台,这会是最好的选择
Unfortunately,
不幸的是
in this company the security lady at the reception did not allow me to see the human resource manager
在公司接待处负责安保的女士不让我去见人力部门的经理
and instead asked me to just leave the CV with her
她让我直接把简历交给她
 and that she would deliver it.
她会帮我转交给经理
I was really disappointed
我感到失望极了
since I knew she wouldn't do that 、
因为我知道她不会履行承诺
and my CV will just be thrown in the trash can,
我的简历会被扔进垃圾桶
 I thought so because it usually happens a lot in some other companies.
之所以会这样想,是因为在其他的公司,常有这样的事情发生
So I just left with my head down
我垂头丧气的离开
and never thought about it again
再也没有想过这件事
since I knew I would never get any feedback from the company.
因为我知道,我不会从这家公司收到任何回复
Weeks passed
几个星期过去了
and one day I received a call from an unknown number
有一天,我接到一个陌生号码的来电
and guess what...
真难以置信
it was the human resource manager of that same company,
打来电话的竟然是那家公司的人力资源经理
I was really shocked since I did not expect it at all.
我实在没有想到会这样,感到震惊不已
So he said he received my CV
他说他收到我的简历了
and that he would work on it.
他会好好看一看
I was so happy and felt bad at the same time
我一面万分高兴,一面又感到愧疚
for doubting the security lady the other day.
因为那天我并没有相信保卫处的女士对我说的话
This humbled me
这让我感到羞愧
and it was a reminder to believe in people
这件事情提醒我,要相信别人
and not assume things just because of the norm.
不要因为成见而妄下判断