正文
母亲的最后一次拜访
For the past 33 years
过去的33年间
I have lived and worked in Africa,
我一直生活并在非洲工作
far from my mother who lived in Los Angeles.
母亲生活在洛杉矶,相隔万水千山
One night I dreamed of her
一天夜里我梦到了她
as she slowly walked up the stairs to her apartment.
我看到她慢慢走上楼梯,走回自己的房间
She was a heavy woman
她是一个超重的妇人
and she walked slowly and painfully ,
行走间步履缓慢而艰难
as she reached the last step,
当她走上最后一阶台阶时
she looked up at me
她抬起头看着我
and said "Baby, I'm not going to make it, I'm just too tired."
说到,“宝贝,我坚持不下去了,我太累了”
The next morning
第二天早上
I got a communication from the embassy,
我收到大使馆传来的消息
I worked as a contractor to USAID in the Congo.
我身在刚果,担任美国国际开发署的项目承包商
It sadly notified me of my mother's death.
那个消息是来向我哀悼的,因为我母亲去世了
I realized that
我忽然意识到
last night she had come to say goodbye to me,
昨晚她已经来对我道别过了
her love had transcended 10.000 miles to reach me.
她的爱穿越1万公里的距离,来到了我身边
That's love
这是伟达的母爱
and in truth she has never left me.
实际上,她从未离开过我