正文
我失业了 公交卡送给你吧
A few years ago,
几年前
when I was going through the deepest point in my depression-
我深陷抑郁症中,正度过最黑暗的时光
my living situation was abhorrent,
我的生活状况非常糟糕
I had no car,
我没有车
no license
没有驾照
and barely enough money to get by.
甚至没有足够的钱继续生活下去
All of this was because of the choices I made
所有这些都是因为我做出了一个错误的选择
but I couldn't seem to find my way out.
此时我却无法悬崖勒马
I was riding the bus home one day from work
有一天,我下班乘公交车回家
when an older woman sat across from me
一位老夫人坐到我斜前方的座位
and struck up a conversation.
与我攀谈起来
She asked me
她问我
if I took the bus often
是不是经常乘坐公车
and I replied with a yes.
我回答说是
She told me
她又告诉我
how she had just lost her job
她刚丢了工作
and that she wouldn't be needing her bus pass anymore
所以不再需要她的公交卡了
and offered it to me.
她要把它送给我
This woman had zero knowledge of my current situation
这位老夫人对我当时的处境一无所知
and on one of her worst days,
在最艰难的日子里
she still found a way to be kind to someone else.
她仍找到方法,向其他人表示友好
It touched a part of me I had forgotten about
我内心深处某个被遗忘的角落受到了触动
and it's an experience that will stay with me forever.
这段经历我将铭记终生
I think about her sometimes
我时常会想到她
and hope she is doing well.
希望她一切安好