正文
让一切重新开始
Ring! Ring! Ring!
铃铃铃!
It was early in the morning and I knew who was calling as I dejectedly reached for the telephone.
时间还很早,我知道打电话给我的人是谁,磨磨蹭蹭的接了电话。
I was a new substitute teacher struggling to earn enough to support my young family.
那时我刚成为一个代课老师,正想尽办法多赚些钱,希望能养活我刚刚组建的小家庭。
Each morning I waited for a call that would take me to a different classroom that day.
每天早上我都等着那通电话,对方会告诉我这一天要去哪个教室代课。
The last three of them had all been determined to test the teacher and see just how much bad behavior they could get away with.
最近的三堂课上,学生们都 执意要测试我的底线,想看看他们违规乱纪的行为中,我能纵容多少。
I had responded by being critical and angry with the students.
对此我的反应时批评教育,还对学生们发了脾气。
I didn't really want to go to work that morning then, especially since it was my birthday.
所以那天早上我有点不想上班,特别这一天正好是我的生日。
Still, I answered the phone and took the job.
不过,最后我还是接了电话,准备去上班。
My family needed the money and I couldn't afford to be picky.
我需要这笔钱来养家,容不得我挑肥拣瘦。
As I was driving to work, however, I decided that I was going to begin again to be the best teacher I could be.
不过,当我开车驶向学校的时候,我决定重头再来,要努力做一个最好的老师。
As school started the students once again were set to see what they could get away with.
开始上课了,学生们又开始故技重施,想看看我会容忍他们到什么程度。
This time, though, I was firm but fair with them.
不过这一次我的态度发生了变化,我不再批评教育,而是坚持原则,态度温和。
I did my best to make the lessons fun.
我尽全力让课堂生动有趣。
I shared smiles, complemented their hard work, and encouraged them in their efforts.
我保持微笑,对他们的思考和努力给予评价,并且鼓励他们继续加油。
The effect was amazing.
这样做的效果出乎我的意料。
My unruly classroom was soon transformed.
闹哄哄的教室变成了另一番面貌。
Students were laughing and learning and I finally felt like I was doing my job right.
学生们不时欢笑,学得十分认真。我感到自己终于找到了正确的工作方法。
I went home happy in my heart and enjoyed the rest of my birthday with my family.
我高高兴兴的回到家里,和家人幸福的度过了下半段的生日。
Every day is a new opportunity to begin again.
每天都是一个重新开始的机会。
Isn't it wonderful that we are all given a new beginning, a fresh opportunity, and a new birthday each day of our lives?
我们生命中的每一天,都是一个新的开始,一个崭新的机会,一次重生,这不是很好吗?
Every day we are given another chance to get things right, to live our lives with love and joy, and to make this world a better place.
每天我们都被给予了新的机会,让一切步入正轨,让我们用爱和喜悦去生活,让世界变得更加美好。
Don't waste a single day then.
别浪费任何一天。
Every morning arise and begin once again to be the best you, you can be.
每当太阳升起,再试试,做最好的自己,你一定能做到。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇