和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 商务英语 > 职场社交英语

正文

我发财了

2007-03-20来源:
 


SCENE② A  四个半月后  玛莉巧遇戴夫

【我发财了】

 

Mary:          Is that you, Dave? Oh, my gosh! The 1) backstabber who left us to work for the evil WebTracker!

玛莉:         是你吗,戴夫?天啊!背弃我们去帮万恶的网路搜寻家做事的阴险小人!

 

Dave:  Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hi, Mary. How are you?

戴夫:  对……嗨,玛莉。你好吗?

 

Mary:          I'm 2) filthy rich! Haven't you heard about the MicroPower 3) deal?

玛莉:         我发财了!你没听说过微力的案子吗?

 

Dave:  Yeah, I guess I did. They're going to buy InfoKing?

戴夫:  有,有听过吧。他们打算买下资讯王

 

Mary:  That's right. For seventy-five million. So how are you?

玛莉:         没错。七千五百万的高。那你好吗?

 

Dave:          I'm getting by OK. I heard MicroPower was going to make Zina 4) president of their new InfoKing Internet 5) division.

戴夫:         还过得去。我听说微力将要让吉娜担任他们资讯王新网路分公司的总裁。

 

 

语言详解

 

A: He's good at negotiating business deals.

   他很擅于协商生意条件。

 

B: Then talk him into working for us..

   那就说服他来帮我们做事。

 

I'm getting by OK.我还过得去。】

 

get by 就是指状况还过得去,而在使用上,主要的状况有两种,一是指经济状况,get by用来表示钱虽然赚得不多,但是也够支付日常生活的开销了。

 

A: Are you able to get by on the salary you make?

     你赚的薪水够你开销吗?

B: I'm able to get by, but it could be better.

     我的生活还过得去,不过还可以更好。

 

get by也可以用来表示心理状态,形容心情持平,不能说心情不好,但也不是那种兴高采烈的情绪。

 

A: How are you doing?

     你还好吗?

B: I'm getting by OK. You know, things just keep getting better and better.

     还过得去。算是渐入佳境啦。

 

1) backstabber (n.)  暗箭伤人的人

2) filthy (adv.)  非常,相当

3) deal (n.)  交易;make a deal with...  ...交易

4) president (n.)  总裁,总统

5) division (n.)  分部