和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > Fox News Radio

正文

乔治·加斯康或将被召回

2022-06-21来源:和谐英语

One of the worst D.A.'s in the history of this nation is in your backyard, works with you.

这个国家历史上最糟糕的地方检察官之一就在你的后院,和你一起工作。

George Gascon, he’s now have 400,000 signatures for his recall.

乔治·加斯康,现在他的召回已经有40万人签名了。

What's the significance of hitting that threshold?

达到这一门槛的意义是什么?

Well, they're past the halfway point now and I think they got about two months left of signature gathering.

好吧,现在已经过半了,我想他们还有大约两个月的时间来收集签名。

So I think they're on pace and looks like it's going to happen.

因此,我认为他们正在加快步伐,而且看起来这件事会发生。

So I think that's a historical moment for this experiment with ultra progressive D.A.'s who don't do their job.

因此我认为,在对极端进步的渎职地方检察官进行试验这件事上,这是个历史性的时刻。

I think the country has had enough with it.

我认为这个国家已经受够了。

They just want to see basic law and order reinstituted everywhere.

他们只是想看到各地恢复基本的法律和秩序。

He was in San Francisco, right?

他当时在旧金山,对吗?

We knew what he was going to do.

我们知道他要做什么。

You guys elected him anyway.

不管怎样,你们选了他。

Exactly. You know what, fool me once, shame on them.

完全正确。你知道吗,骗我一次,他们的错。

Fool me twice, I get shame on me.

骗我两次,就是我的错了。

You know, I think the voters are going to pri-correct that mistake.

你知道,我认为选民很可能会优先纠正这个错误。

Sheriff, you've told us this for a few years now, how bad it is.

警长,你跟我们说了好几年了,情况有多糟糕。

Are other people realizing that you're not wrong now?

现在其他人意识到你没有错了吗?

I think they're starting to come to the realization, yes, that they were sold that bill of good about how we can just eliminate cops everywhere, you know, the whole defunding movement which is still actively being practiced by the LA County Board of Supervisors and this whole “let's get rid of the jails, the prisons and everybody is going to sing Kumbaya”, it doesn't work that way.

我认为他们开始意识到,是的,他们上当了,相信了那个法案,关于我们如何消除各地警察的,你知道,关于仍在由洛杉矶县监督委员会积极实施的撤资运动,还有关于“让我们摆脱监狱、牢房,大家来唱《欢聚一堂》”,事实不是那样的。

Smash and grab, follow-home robberies, the huge spike in homicides here in LA, and homelessness spiralling out of control.

事实是打砸抢,入室抢劫,洛杉矶的杀人案激增,无家可归的人数上升到难以控制。

I think people want to have a sense of normalcy, and we can do a lot of reforms. We can get people to help their need.

我认为人们想要有一种正常的感觉,我们可以做很多改革。我们可以帮助人们满足需求。

But it shouldn't be an either/or proposition.

但这不应该是一个非此即彼的命题。

We can do both.

我们可以两者兼得。

Yeah, I hear you.

是的,我听到了。

We always -- our audience agrees with you.

我们一直--我们的观众都同意你的观点。

Now you gotta get the people in California to agree with you.

现在你得让加州的人们同意你的观点。

I hope you do and run for higher office. Sheriff, thanks so much.

我希望你能做到,去竞选更高的职位。警长,非常感谢。

You got it.

不客气。