正文
地道美语听力练习:玩忽职守
Veronica: Where's Stan?
维罗妮卡:斯坦在哪里?
Kyle: He's not here.
凯尔:他不在这。
Veronica: When will he be back?
维罗妮卡:他什么时候回来?
Kyle: I'm not sure. He hasn't been here for a couple of days.
凯尔:我不太清楚。他有一两天没来过这里了。
Veronica: A couple of days?! He's supposed to be here overseeing the day-to-day operations. You're his second-in-command. Where is he?
维罗妮卡:一两天?!他应该尽忠职守在这里监督日常的运营。你是他的副指挥。他在哪里?
Kyle: I honestly don't know. He's been MIA since Tuesday.
凯尔:说实话,我不知道。自星期二以来他都在迈阿密。
Veronica: I come all the way here to talk to him about budget overruns and I find that he's been shirking his responsibilities, too. I've a feeling he's been phoning it in for a long time now. So have you been covering for him?
维罗妮卡:我专程过来跟他谈预算超支的问题,我发现他是在逃避责任。我感觉长时间以来他一直想蒙混过关。你一直在帮他掩护吗?
Kyle: Me? I'm just trying to do my job. When Stan isn't here, I do my best to fill in. But I'm not saying anything against Stan.
凯尔:我?我只是在做我分内的工作。斯坦不在这里的时候,我尽最大的努力填补空缺。但我不会说任何对他不利的话。
Veronica: I appreciate your loyalty, but when push comes to shove, you've got to look out for yourself, right?
维罗妮卡:我很欣赏你的忠诚,但在这么紧要的关头,你应该替自己着想,对吧?
Kyle: Uh, I guess. I'm not sure.
凯尔:哦,我想是的。我不太肯定。
Veronica: Well, I do. I need to look out for my best interests and that's making sure this place has proper supervision. How would you like a promotion?
维罗妮卡:但是,我会为自己着想。我会设法将自己的利益最大化,这样一来必须确保这个地方的监管力度到位。给你升职怎么样?
Kyle: You mean you're firing Stan and giving me his job?
凯尔:你的意思是炒掉斯坦,把他的位子让给我?
Veronica: Do you want the job or don't you?
维罗妮卡:你想不想要这份工作?
Kyle: Can I talk to Stan first? I don't want him to think I'm a backstabber.
凯尔:我能先和斯坦谈一下吗?我不想让他认为我在暗箭伤人。
Veronica: You can...if you can find him.
维罗妮卡:可以...如果你能找到他的话。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇