正文
地道美语听力练习:写小说
Xavier: How's your novel coming along?
泽维尔:你的小说有什么进展?
Sara: It's not. I abandoned it for now. I think I bit off more than I can chew. Now, I'm working on a short story.
萨拉:没有进展。我已经放弃了。我觉得自己有点不自量力。现在我在构思短故事。
Xavier: That sounds interesting. Who are the main characters?
泽维尔:听起来很有趣。主角是谁?
Sara: I'm not sure yet. Character development is really important so I need to give the characters themselves some serious thought.
萨拉:我还没想好。主角在故事中的发展很重要,所以我要赋予角色们深刻的思想。
Xavier: Okay, tell me about the general plot. Is it an adventure, romance, horror story —what?
泽维尔:好的,告诉我故事的主线。是不是集冒险,爱情,恐怖这些元素于一体,还是别的什么?
Sara: I haven't decided that either.
萨拉:这我也没有想好。
Xavier: All right. What about the setting? Is it going to be set in the U.S.?
泽维尔:好吧。故事的场景怎么样?是发生在美国吗?
Sara: Hmm, that's still up in the air, too. I'm thinking of writing a period story, but I'm not sure what time period to choose. That'll help decide the actual setting.
萨拉:嗯,这个也尚待决定。我计划写一个时代故事,但我不知道选哪个时代。这个解决了,场景也就不难选了。
Xavier: I'm guessing you haven't decided the point of view of the story either, whether it'll be told in the first person or third person, am I right?
泽维尔:我猜你也没决定以什么角度叙事,不是以第一人称就是以第三人称叙述吧,我说对了吗?
Sara: You are. I know. I have a lot to think about.
萨拉:对,我知道。要思考的东西太多了。
Xavier: You've definitely got your work cut out for you.
泽维尔:你肯定得开始准备了吧。
Sara: I know. I'm just waiting for some inspiration.
萨拉:我懂。我在等待灵感的出现。
Xavier: Good luck with that.
泽维尔:希望你好运吧。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇