和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:应对酷热天气

2012-12-03来源:和谐英语

Jolene:I'm sweating like a pig. When is this heat wave going to end?
乔琳娜:我现在汗流浃背的,像头猪一样。这热浪什么时候结束啊?

Eric:I've no idea, but I'm not moving a muscle until it does. Hand me that pitcher of iced tea, would you?
埃里克:不清楚,在那之前我是不会动一根手指的。把那壶冰茶递给我,好吗?

Jolene:Get it yourself. I'm not moving until it drops below 80 degrees.
乔琳娜:自己去拿。要是温度不降到80度以下,我是不会动的。

Eric:It's not the temperature. It's the humidity. It's not even the dog days of summer yet and it's scorching outside.
埃里克:不关温度的事。都是湿气惹的祸。三伏天还没到来,外面就酷热难耐了。

Jolene:It's scorching inside, too. Why can't that fan move any faster? Remind me why we moved into an apartment with no air conditioner?
乔琳娜:室内也是。电风扇为什么转得那么慢?这倒提醒我了,为什么咱们会搬进一间没有空调的公寓?

Eric:We couldn't afford an apartment with an air conditioner. We were lucky to get this place.
埃里克:我们租不起带空调的公寓。能租到这个地方已经很幸运了。

Jolene:I don't feel so lucky right now. My legs are stuck to this chair and I've sweated through my clothes.
乔琳娜:现在我一点儿都不觉得幸运。我的双腿都粘在椅子上了,衣服也都汗湿透了。

Eric:We could buy a portable air conditioner.
埃里克:我们可以买个便捷式空调。

Jolene:We can?
乔琳娜:可以吗?

Eric:Yeah, but you'd have to get up.
埃里克:对呀,但你得先起床。

Jolene:Ugh, let's do it tomorrow.
乔琳娜:额,明天再买吧。