和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:比赛排名

2012-12-10来源:和谐英语

Irene: How is your team doing in the standings?
艾琳:你们求队的排名怎么样?

Kent: They’re seeded sixth and they’re in a bracket with one of the best teams in the tournament. Our team has already lost to them.
肯特:他们取得了第六名的成绩,是他们支撑起了这次锦标赛最好的球队之一。对于他们来说,球队已经输了。

Irene: I thought it was a double-elimination tournament.
艾琳:我以为这是双淘汰锦标赛。

Kent: It is. That’s the only reason they’re not out of contention for the title.
肯特:正是。那是他们争夺冠军出局的唯一原因。

Irene: Why did the organizers get rid of the round-robin rounds?
艾琳:为什么主办方会取消循环小组赛?

Kent: I think it’s because they wanted to cut down on the number of games overall. I’m not sure.
肯特:我认为原因是他们想削减比赛总数。我也不太确定。

Irene: Your team is the defending champion. What happened this year? Why aren’t they ranked higher?
艾琳:你们队是卫冕冠军。今年怎么回事?为什么他们的排名靠后?

Kent: They didn’t have a very good season. There were a lot of injuries, and as the coach, I had some run-ins with a couple of the new players. Let’s just say we had some clashes in personality.
肯特:今年的赛季不乐观。很多人都受伤了,作为教练,我安排了2名新队员作候补。跟你直说了吧,队员们性格有些不合。

Irene: Isn’t there a game this afternoon?
艾琳:今天下午没有比赛吗?

Kent: Yeah, but I have to feed my team first. They won’t play until they get what they want.
肯特:是的,但是我得先填饱队员的肚子。他们不拿到自己想要的是不会参加比赛的。

Irene: What do they want?
艾琳:他们想要什么?

Kent: Ice cream. Who knew six-year-olds could be so demanding?
肯特:冰激凌。谁晓得6岁的小球员也会让人如此费劲?