和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:无名英雄 Recognizing an Unsung Hero

2012-12-12来源:和谐英语

Fumi: You may have everyone else fooled, but I know the real reason for the success of this project.
富米:你把其他人都瞒过了啊,但我知道这一项目成功的真正原因是什么。

Issac: What?
伊萨克:是什么?

Fumi: You. You’ve been working behind the scenes to bolster the people who weren’t up to the task. Without you, this project would have been sunk months ago.
富米:是你。你一直在幕后工作,默默地支撑着那些无法胜任工作的人。如果没有你,这个项目几个月前就下马了。

Issac: That’s nonsense.
伊萨克:无稽之谈。

Fumi: No, it’s not. I know you don’t like the limelight, but you were the linchpin of this operation. Without you, we’d all have egg on our faces today.
富米:不,不是无稽之谈。我知道你不喜欢出风头,但你是这个项目的关键。如果没有你,我们今天出糗就出大发了。

Issac: You’re giving me way too much credit. I don’t want to hear another word about it.
伊萨克:你太看得起我了。我不想再听这样的话了。

Fumi: I’m not surprised at your reaction. Most unsung heroes like to keep a low profile.
富米:我丝毫不惊讶于你的反应。大多数无名英雄都想保持低调。

Issac: What?! I’m nothing of the kind!
伊萨克:什么?决不是那样!

Fumi: Yes, you are. You’re far too modest. And soon, I won’t be the only one who thinks so!
富米:你就是一个无名英雄。你太谦虚了。很快,其他人也会这样认为了!

Issac: What are you proposing to do?
伊萨克:你觉得我该怎么做呢?

Fumi: Don’t worry. I’m not planning a ticker-tape parade, but it’s time your contributions are recognized for what they are around here!
富米:不要担心。我不打算给你大张旗鼓地祝贺一番,但你做出的贡献应该在这里得到认可!