和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:因工负伤

2012-12-29来源:和谐英语

Darrelle: I just went to a seminar about work-related injuries. I really have to rethink my workspace.
达雷尔:我刚才去参加了一个关于工伤的研习班。我真的要重新考虑下我的工作空间了。

Kim: Work-related injuries? It's not like we're doing heavy lifting every day. We sit at our desks all day.
金姆:工伤?我们又没有天天举重。我们整天都坐在办公桌前。

Darrelle: That's the problem. Look at how you're slouching over your keyboard. Poor posture can cause a lot of problems over time. Aren't you always complaining about back pain?
达雷尔:问题就在这儿。看看你是如何瘫坐在键盘面前的。时间长了,不良的姿势会引起很多问题。你不是总在抱怨背痛吗?

Kim: Yeah, but…
金姆:是的,但...

Darrelle: And look at how you squint at your computer monitor all day. Aren't you always complaining about headaches? You're probably suffering from eye strain.
达雷尔:再看看你一天到晚是如何眯着眼盯着显示屏的。你不也老是抱怨头疼吗?你还有可能患上眼疲劳。

Kim: It's true that I sometimes have headaches.
金姆:我有时真的会头疼。

Darrelle: It's no wonder. Look at what we do all day, repetitive motion after repetitive motion. Aren't you suffering from elbow pain right now?
达雷尔:难怪。看看我们每天在做什么,重复的动作,一遍又一遍。你现在难道不觉得胳膊肘很痛吗?

Kim: I was this morning…
金姆:我今早...

Darrelle: See what I mean? We need better ergonomics in this office.
达雷尔:懂我的意思了吧?我们办公室需要更好的工效。

Kim: Okay, where do we start?
金姆:好的,我们从哪里开始?

Darrelle: I think we need to sign up for a seminar on how to prevent work- related injuries.
达雷尔:我想我们应该参加一个关于如何预防工伤的研习班。

Kim: What do you have in mind?
金姆:你有什么打算吗?

Darrelle: How about this four-day seminar?
达雷尔:为期四天的研习班怎么样?

Kim: But that seminar is in Florida.
金姆:但是那个研习班在弗罗里达。

Darrelle: What better way to recover from any work-related injuries than spending four days and three nights in Florida?
达雷尔:为了从一切工伤中恢复过来,还有比去弗罗里达旅行四天三夜更好的办法吗?

Kim: Count me in!
金姆:算我一个吧!