和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:在工作中被训斥

2015-12-07来源:和谐英语

Tania:What time is your meeting with Ted?
塔尼亚:你与泰德什么时候见面?

James:It's at 3:00. Why?
詹姆斯:3点整。怎么了?

Tania:You don't seem worried.
塔尼亚:你看起来一点不着急啊。

If I were being accused of misconduct and up for disciplinary action, I'd be on edge.
如果我因怠慢渎职遭受处分,我会坐立不安的。

James:It was a minor offense.
詹姆斯:那只是一次小过失。

I'm sure I'll just get a slap on the wrist.
我相信自己只会受到轻微处罚。

Tania:I heard about it and it didn't sound that minor.
塔尼亚:我可听说了罪名可一点都不轻。

James:People blow things out of proportion.
詹姆斯:人们总习惯夸大事实。

It's not like I'll be up for dismissal or anything.
我不会因此被解雇或有任何其它事情的。

Tania:I hope not, but you might get a written reprimand placed in your personnel file.
塔尼亚:我希望不是这样,但你可能会被书面警告,然后进入你的人事档案。

That could affect your chances for a raise or promotion.
这可能影响你升职或加薪的机会。

James:I don't have much of a chance of getting either one, quite frankly, so why sweat it?
詹姆斯:我没有太多的机会接受惩罚,坦白地说,为什么你要这样说呢?

I'll deal with whatever punishment I get.
我会接受任何对我的惩罚。

Tania:I'm glad that's your attitude.
塔尼亚:我很高兴你是这样的态度。