和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 其他品牌英语 > 英语访谈节目

正文

美国教练谈为什么要实施枪支管制(下)

2022-06-29来源:和谐英语

And if you've lived a life like, like I did, where perfect upbringing, wonderful family and got everything you need.

如果你的生活像我一样,有完美的成长环境,美满的家庭,得到你想要的一切。

Nothing's going to happen to you.

你不会出什么事。

That happens to other people, you know.

别人也会这样,你知道的。

And so looking back I sometimes I think I wish I had been a little wiser in terms of maybe bringing all that stuff up.

所以现在回想起来,我有时会想,我希望我当时能更聪明一点,把那些事情都提出来。

In that year, the 73-year, the bad back here.

在那一年,73年,最糟糕的就是这里。

Shortly after the season, there was a shooter who went to UCLA, it's like half a mile from your mom.

赛季结束后不久,有一个枪手去了加州大学洛杉矶分校,那里离你妈妈大概有半英里远。

And then shortly after that, the Pulse shooting happened.

然后在那之后不久,脉搏酒吧枪击案发生。

And you made a big statement. Do you remember it

然后你发表了一个重要的声明。你还记得吗?

Yes. And the reason I made it is because we had done probably three moments of silence during that season was like every couple of weeks, were just, you know, let's take a bow and stay silent and not actually try to solve the problem.

是。我之所以这么做,是因为我们在那个赛季经历了大约三次默哀,每隔几个星期一次,只是,你知道,让我们鞠躬、保持沉默,而不是真正试图解决问题。

And so I just felt like, you know, I do have a platform, I should probably say something and I've been an advocate ever since.

所以我只是觉得,你知道,我确实没有一个平台,我可能应该说些什么,从那以后我就一直是一名倡导者。

Because my dad died that way.

因为我父亲就是这样不在的。

And because it's such an enormous problem in our country.

这是因为这在我们的国家是一个如此巨大的问题。

That's become my sort of pet project.

这已经成了我最喜欢的项目。

Do you have hope that there'll be new legislation that--

你是否希望会有新的立法--

I do have hope mainly because of the March for Our Lives.

我确实希望立法,主要是因为"为我们的生命游行"运动。

Kids.There's so many young people now who are so angry and invested.

孩子们。现在有太多的年轻人感到愤怒、投入运动。

What makes me lose hope is just that it's a constant deal with the Senate where, you know, the House passes HRA, which is, you know, background checks, bill that I would 90 percent of Americans want background checks, regardless if you're Democrat or Republican. 90 percent.

让我失去希望的是,这是参议院的一贯做法,你知道,众议院通过了健康风险评估,也就是背景调查法案,90%的美国人想要背景调查,不管你是民主党还是共和党。90%的人。

People in the NRA want that.

全国步枪协会的人希望这样。

Yes, yes. But the Senate will not go down that path.

是,是。但参议院不会走这条路。

They won't even look at the bill because of partisan politics.

因为党派政治,他们甚至不会看这个法案。

And, you know, they put their own private career ahead of the lives of American people.

而且,你知道,他们把自己的个人事业置于美国人民的生命之上。