机器人应该使用这个技巧来说服人类(下)
Here’s Saunderson in the role of experimenter…and participant.
桑德森扮演着实验者和被试的角色。
So, what’s your initial guess?
那么,你最初的猜测是什么?
Um, I’ll go with row 6 column 1.
我猜第6行第1列。
Ok, and Pepper, what do you think?
好的,佩珀,你觉得怎么样?
I actually think that we’re in row 7 and column 1.
我认为我们在第7行和第1列。
Now…in the other half of the tasks, Pepper runs the show.
现在,在另一半任务中,佩珀负责主持实验。
So Pepper was alone in the room with the participant.
所以佩珀和被试单独在一个房间里。
It was Pepper’s study, Pepper saying, you know, welcome to my study.
这是佩珀的研究,佩珀说,欢迎来到我的研究。
Please take a seat at the chair in front of you and we’ll get started.
请坐在你前面的椅子上,我们马上开始。
My name is Pepper and I’d like you to join me.
我叫佩珀,我想请你和我一起。
The tasks were the same…tests that challenge attention and memory.
任务是一样的——挑战注意力和记忆力的测试。
But this time, it was Pepper the Experimenter…
但这一次,佩珀是实验者…
Dr. Pepper, perhaps... offering the suggestion after the person made an initial guess.
佩珀博士,也许…… 在对方做出初步猜测后提出建议。
Personally I counted seven police stations.
就我个人而言,我数了有7个警察局。
Now, what is the final guess you would like to lock in?
现在,你想要锁定的最终猜测是什么?
And what Saunderson found was that Pepper had better luck at getting people to change their response when acting as a fellow test-taker, not as a leader.
桑德森发现,如果佩珀是作为一个测试对象,而不是作为一个测试者,那么他在让人们改变反应方面的运气会更好。
Now, that could be because participants didn’t view the robot as being a legitimate authority figure.
现在,这可能是因为被试不认为机器人是一个合理的权威人物。
Or because there’s something deeply creepy about a bossy robot…especially one that reminds you that your winnings will be docked if your answers are incorrect.
或者是因为专横的机器人让人毛骨悚然...特别是它会提醒你,如果你的答案不正确,你的奖金将被扣掉。
It made people seemingly very uncomfortable with this idea of a robot not only in charge but using that authority in a slightly negative way.
机器人不仅负责,而且以一种略微消极的方式使用这种权威,这似乎让人们对机器人的想法感到非常不舒服。
And some were more bothered than others.
有些人比其他人更烦恼。
Everyone didn’t love the sort of dominant nature of the robot, but men in particular were very uncomfortable and seemingly had their sense of autonomy or status threatened by this cute little four foot-tall robot.
并不是每个人都喜欢这个机器人的支配性,男性尤其感到不舒服,似乎他们的自主感或地位受到了这个可爱的四英尺高的小机器人的威胁。
Does this mean there’s no future for robot nurses or instructors?
这是否意味着机器人护士或教师没有未来?
This isn’t saying you can’t ever put a robot in charge.
这并不是说你不能让机器人做主。
You just need to be very conscious and cautious with it.
你只需要非常慎重和谨慎地对待它。
It shouldn’t be dominant. It shouldn’t be authoritative.
它不应该占主导地位。它不应该是权威的。
It shouldn’t maybe even try to be an authority figure.
它甚至不应该试图成为一个权威人物。
And if all else fails, just make it more adorable.
如果所有这些都失败了,那就让它变得更可爱吧。
Saunderson recalls a study in which engineers had designed a library robot.
桑德森回忆起一项研究,在这项研究中,工程师们设计了一个图书馆机器人。
It was just literally like a cart that drove around and put books back.
它真的就像一辆车,开来开去,把书放回原处。
But the book bot kept getting vandalized.
但这个图书机器人一直被故意破坏。
The fix was literally to put on like two big five-dollar googly eyes.
解决办法就是戴上一双5美元的大眼睛。
And suddenly, by anthropormorphizing it, people thought, “Oh look, it’s the little cute book bot. We shouldn’t hurt that thing.”
突然,通过拟人化它,人们想,“看,这是一个可爱的小图书机器人。我们不应该伤害那东西。”
So, yeah, there’s a lot of very subtle things you can do to give robots a slight hand up, for sure.
所以,是的,你可以做很多非常微妙的事情来帮助机器人,这是肯定的。
Then those robots can give us a hand when we want help folding the laundry or doing the dishes or making the bed or...
然后,当我们需要帮助叠衣服、洗碗、铺床时,这些机器人可以帮我们一把。
Programming the robots. No, wait…wait a minute...
为机器人编程。不,等等… 等一下...
- 上一篇
- 下一篇