BBC环球慢速英语 第46期:西班牙语系诗人巴勃罗·聂鲁达(7)
voice 2:Neruda retired to "Casa de Isle Negra," his house on the Black Island. He loved this home because he loved the sea. This is where he wrote the poem we read in the beginning of this program — "It is Born." He died of leukaemia in 1973. But his poetry still lives. People visit Casa de Isle Negra every year.
声音2:聂鲁达晚年生活在黑岛的Casa de Isle Negra房子里。他喜欢这个房子,因为他喜欢海。他就是在这里写下了我们节目开始时朗读的那首诗《诞生》。1973年,聂鲁达因白血病去世。但是他的诗还活着。每年人们都会去他的故居Casa de Isle Negra参观。
voice 1:Over the years, Neruda’s poetry has inspired many people. He used his ability to write and improve people’s lives.
声音1:多年来,聂鲁达的诗歌激励了许多人。他用他的能力描写并改善人们的生活。
voice 3: And it was at that age ... Poetry arrived in search of me.
声音:就是在那个年月……诗歌跑来找我。
I don’t know.
我不知道,
I don’t know where it came from, from winter or a river.
我不知道它来自何方,来自冬天还是来自河流。
I don’t know how or when,
我不知道它是怎样、它是何时到来的,
no, they were not voices,
不,它们不是声音,
they were not words, nor silence,
它们不是词语,也不是寂静,
but from a street I was (called),
但是,从一条街道上传来对我的召唤,
from the branches of night
从夜晚的枝条上,
(suddenly) from the others,
极其突然地从他人身上,
among violent fires or returning along,
在猛烈的火焰或返程的孤独之中,
there I was without a face and it touched me.
它触到了我,而我没有面孔。