和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > BBC六分钟英语

正文

请求许可和礼貌请求 Asking permission and polite requests

2016-07-01来源:和谐英语
Hello and welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English with me Feifei.
大家好,欢迎收听本期的六分钟英语,我是菲菲。
And me Neil.
我是尼尔。
And how are you today Neil?
尼尔,你今天过的怎样?
It’s all good today thank you! I’ve got a really good question for you today…
今天过的很好,谢谢你!我今天有一个很好的问题要提问你。
Oh a question – ask away!
一个问题啊,随便问!
Which do you prefer Feifei: Open-plan offices or small private offices?
菲菲,你更喜欢什么样的办公室呢:开放式,还是私人的?
Open-plan offices or small private offices? Oh, I much prefer open-plan offices – much friendlier.
开放式办公室还是私人办公室?我可能更喜欢开放式办公室,更为和睦。
Yes of course because you’re a very friendly person... let’s hear from some of our friends and colleagues to find out what kind of office they prefer…
是的因为你是和很友好的人。让我们听听我们的一些朋友同事的说法看看他们更喜欢哪种。
In my opinion as a Brazilian, open-plan offices can be very good and effective because it’s easy for people to communicate and put ideas across; but at times we need some quiet space to concentrate and get the job done.
作为一个巴西人我的看法是,开放式办公室很好而且有效,因为它很容易让人们沟通,把思想表达清楚,但有时我们也需要一些安静的空间去集中精力或完成工作。
In China, people would love to have their own private offices because we are very noisy and people arguing quite a lot sometimes, there is a lot of noise. So to have your own private space would be great, but unfortunately nowadays what we get is open-plan offices.
在中国,人们更希望有自己的私人办公室,因为我们很吵闹,人们经常争辩,会有很多的噪音。所以有私人空间是很棒的,但不幸的是我们现在都用开放式办公室。
In Indonesia, there are more open-plan offices these days, the good thing is that we can improve collaborations with other teams or departments.
在印度尼西亚,现在更多的是开放式办公室,优点是我们可以改善与其他团队或部门的协作。
However, we sometimes face problems, for instance, as it’s really hot in Indonesia lots of people prefer to have air conditioning be set really cold whereas there are also people who can’t really stand cold air like me. So this can create a tension among staff.
然而,我们有时会面临一些问题,例如,因为印尼天气很热,很多人喜欢把空调开的很冷,而像我这样的一些人真的不能忍受那么冷。所以这会在员工之间产生摩擦。
Air conditioning! It drives me crazy! Actually it isn’t the air conditioning that drives me crazy Neil, it’s you: I keep asking you to turn it down and 2 minutes later you turn it back up again!
空调!它把我逼疯了!实际上并不是因为空调,而是因为你,尼尔,我一直叫你关掉它,但两分钟后你又开启了!
Feifei you always turn it too low. And you drive me crazy because you never ask me if you can turn it down. You just do it without saying anything. It really annoys me. It’s so rude!!
菲菲,你总是开的太低了,你也让我抓狂,因为你从来不问我你是否可以关掉它。你一声不响的做,你这可真让我受不了。这是非常不礼貌的!!
Rude? Do you think so? I think this is a case for Business Betty…
粗鲁?你这样认为吗?我认为我们应该找商业贝蒂。
It’s Business Betty!!!
这是商业贝蒂!
Hello! Is everything alright?
你好!一切都还好吗?
We need your help Betty. Neil and I keep arguing about the A/C. He says I’m rude!
我们需要你贝蒂。尼尔和我正在争论空调的问题,他认为我很粗鲁!
A/C meaning air conditioning. She is rude!
A/C是指空调。她是很粗鲁!
Calm down both of you and let me help. If you’re working in an open-plan office, it’s really important to consider the needs and feelings of the people working around you.
你们两个都冷静下来,让我帮助你们。如果你在开放式办公室里工作,就一定要考虑你周围工作人们的需求和情感。
If you want to ask someone to do something, it’s always a good idea to use a very polite request. Start with the phrase ’Would you mind…’ and follow it with an -ing verb. Can you give us an example Feifei?
如果你想让某人做某事,用一种礼貌的方式请求是很好的。用短语“你介意……”开始,后面跟一个-ing形式的动词。你能给我一个例子吗,菲菲?
Would you mind turning off the air conditioning?
你介意我关掉空调吗?
Very good. Neil?
很好。尼尔?
Would you mind opening a window?
你介意开一下窗子吗?
Lovely. If you want someone to stop doing something, use the word ’not’ before the -ing verb. Neil?
很好。如果你希望某人停止做某事,在-ing动词前使用单词“not”。尼尔?
Would you mind not smoking in the kitchen please?
你介意不在厨房吸烟吗?
Excellent. Feifei?
好极了。菲菲?
Would you mind not using my computer?
你介意不用我的电脑吗?
If you want your co-workers’ permission to do something, say ’Is it ok if I…’ and then say what you want to do. Examples please?
如果你想获得你同事做某事的许可,说“如果我……可以吗”然后告诉他你想做的。举个例子?
Is it ok if I turn the air conditioning on?
我可以打开空调吗?
Is it ok if I use your phone?
我可以用你的电话吗?
If someone asks your permission, you can say yes. Neil, how would you do that?
如果有人想获得你的许可,你可以说好的。尼尔,你会怎么做呢?
Sure, no problem, go ahead. Very good. Of course, you might decide to say no, Feifei:
当然,没问题,去吧。很好。当然,你也可以决定说不,菲菲。
I’d rather you didn’t, if you don’t mind.
我希望你不要,如果你不介意的话。
And remember, the English words please, thank you and sorry always make a big difference! Both together now:
而且要记住英文单词“请、谢谢、对不起”,这会产生很大的区别!现在大家一起:
Please, thank you, sorry.
请、谢谢、对不起。
Very polite. Well done. Now: Is it ok if I leave?
非常有礼貌。做得好。现在:我可以离开吗?
Yes of course, go ahead.
当然,去吧。
Thanks Betty!
谢谢贝蒂!
Goodbye.
再见。
There she goes. Radiant as ever! Do you think she was a bit angry with us?
她离开了。她是一如既往的迷人!你认为她生我们的气了么?
Noooo…. So Neil. Do you think it’s about time we did a role-play?
不。尼尔,你认为我们现在应该再来一次角色扮演吗?
Only if I’m the boss! Sorry, there’s no boss this week. What do you mean there’s no boss? There’s always a boss…
那我得当老板!对不起,这周没有老板。你说没有老板是什么意思?总有一个老板的。
We’re co-workers in an open-plan office. You want to open the windows and use my computer and -
我们是同一开放式办公室中的同事。你想开窗户并且用我的电脑,和——
- and things like that. So I have to make some polite requests, right?
——和类似的一些事情。所以我需要礼貌的做出请求,是吗?
That’s right! Ready?
是的!准备好了吗?
Bring it on!
开始吧!
Role-play
角色扮演
Hello, Feifei. How are you today?
菲菲你好。你今天过的怎样?
Fine thanks, just finishing this report. What can I do for you?
很好谢谢,刚刚完成报告。有什么需要我帮忙的吗?
I just wanted to ask: Would you mind turning off the air conditioning?
我只是想问:你介意我关掉空调吗?
Oh, ok, sure.
哦,好的,可以。
It’s just a bit cold in here, thanks.
这里真的有点凉。谢谢。
Oh, sorry, of course, no problem.
对不起,当然,不客气。
And I wanted to say, we’ve got some visitors coming over this afternoon, so is it ok if we have a meeting in here?
我想说,今下午有一些参观者要过来,我们在这里开个会可以吗?
Yes that’s ok with me, but would you mind keeping the noise down please?
是的,我没问题,但你是否介意声音小一些呢?
Yes, of course.
当然可以。
And would you mind tidying up after the meeting? It was left in a bit of a mess last time.
你介意会议结束后清理一下吗?上次这里被弄的乱七八糟的。
Sure, I’m busy all afternoon though, so I’ll have to leave it until the evening.
好的,我整个下午都在忙,所以我到晚上才能清理。
I’d rather you didn’t, if you don’t mind. We need to use the room again at 4pm.
我宁愿你不这样,如果你不介意。我们在下午四点需要用这个房间。
Oh, ok, I’ll do it sooner then.
好的,那我会尽快整理。
Thanks. And that’s the end of today’s role-play! How was it for you?
谢谢。今天的角色扮演到此结束!你觉得怎样呢?
It was very, very polite!
我觉得非常礼貌!
That’s British culture for you!
以上就是英国文化。
And that’s all we’ve got time for today. Feifei, would you mind joining me soon for another episode of 6 Minute English?
以上就是我们今天的节目。菲菲,你介意继续下一期六分钟英语吗?
Of course! See you next time.
当然不介意!下期再见。
Join us again, wherever you’re working.
无论你在哪里,继续加入我们吧。
Bye!
再见!