和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > BBC六分钟英语

正文

误会 Misunderstandings

2016-07-07来源:和谐英语
Hello and welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English with me Feifei.
大家好,欢迎和Feifei来到新一期的BBC6分钟英语
And me Neil.
我是Neil。
How are you Neil and what are we talking about today?
你好Neil,我们今天来讨论什么呢?
I’m very well, and today we’re talking about misunderstandings. A famous French writer once said that "Language is the source of misunderstandings" and with me in the studio today are colleagues Conrado and Stephani, who have come in to tell us all about a misunderstanding they had recently. Conrado and Stephani, welcome.
我很好,今天我们来聊聊职场中误会那些事。有一位著名的法国作家曾经这样说“语言是误会的来源。”今天和我一起待在工作室还有我的同事Conrado 和 Stephani,他们将和我们一起分享最近遇到的误解的事。Conrado 和 Stephani,欢迎你们。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
So, tell us about your story.
那给我们讲一下故事吧。
Well, we work in the same company, but in different offices. And one day I was speaking to Stephani on the phone, and I asked her a question, and she didn’t know the answer, so she said "hang on".
好的,虽然我们在同一间公司,但是我们在不同的办公室。有一天我打电话给Stephani,向她问个问题,由于她不知道答案,所以她说“hang on”(稍等)
‘Hang on’ means wait. I wanted him to wait while I found the answer.
‘Hang on’的意思是等一下。我想让他等等,我找到答案。
But I got confused, I thought ‘hang on’ was the same as ‘hang up’, and ‘hang up’ means ‘put the phone down, finish the phone call’
但是我很困惑,我以为‘Hang on’(稍等)和‘hang up’(挂断)是一个意思,而‘hang up’的意思是“放下电话结束通话”
So when I came back with the answer, he was gone!So I called him back and told him the answer, then he asked another question, so I said ‘hang on’ again, and again he was gone! Three times I had to call him back!
所以当我找到答案的时候,他已经不在了!所以我打回去告诉他答案,然后他又问了个问题,所以我又说‘hang on’(稍等),但是他又不见了!我给他打回去了三次!
I didn’t understand why she was getting angry with me.She got really angry actually, before we sorted it out.
我没明白为什么她生我的气。她在我们整理出来之前这么的非常非常生气。
Hang up, hang on… That’s a really good one!
Hang up(挂断), hang on(稍等........)这真是一个好例子!
If only you’d had Business Betty there to help…
要是Business Betty 在这提供帮助就好了....
Ah Business Betty. (The door opens) Ooh here she is now.
Business Betty .(门打开了)Ooh,她来了哦。
It’s Business Betty!
是Business Betty !
Hello!
你好!
Hello Betty and may I say you’re looking absolutely fantastic as ever.
你好Betty,我可以说你和以前一样看上去棒极了。
Thank you Neil and how can I help you?
谢谢你Neil,我怎么帮到你呢?
We need some tips on avoiding misunderstandings.
我们需要一些在工作中避免出现误会的小贴士。
Certainly. If language is the source of misunderstandings, the best way to avoid misunderstandings at work is to check what people mean when they’re talking to you.There are several ways to do this. You can simply say "What do you mean by that?"
没问题。如果语言是误会的源泉,工作中避免误会的最好方法就是当人们和你说话的时候就是思考一下他们话的意思。有好几种表达方法。你可以简单的说“你那么说是什么意思?”
What do you mean by that?
你那么说是什么意思?
That’s right. Or you can tell the person what you think they mean, in your own words. Say "Do you mean…?"
对了。或者你可以用你自己的话告诉他们你认为的他们说这话的意思。说“你的意思是...?”
Do you mean…?
你的意思是...?
Or "So, are you saying…?"
或者“所以,你说的是....?”
So, are you saying…?
所以,你说的是....?
Or "Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mean…?"
再或者“如果我说错了,请纠正,但你的意思是...?”
Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mean…?
如果我说错了,请纠正,但你的意思是...?
Good Neil. You can say "Sorry, I’m not sure if I got that. Are you saying…?"
很好Neil。你可以说“不好意思,我不知道我理解的对不对。你说的是....?”
Sorry, I’m not sure if I got that. Are you saying…?
不好意思,我不知道我理解的对不对。你说的是....?
Or you can ask the other person to explain what they mean.Say something like "Sorry, what exactly do you mean by that?"
或者你可以问其他人来解释下话的意思。可以说向“抱歉,你那么说的真实意思是什么?”
Sorry, what exactly do you mean by that?
抱歉,你那么说的真实意思是什么?
Or say "Sorry, could you go over that again?"
或者说“不好意思,你能再说一遍吗?”
Sorry, could you go over that again?
不好意思,你能再说一遍吗?
"Could you expand on that?"
“你能解释一下吗?”
Could you expand on that?
你能解释一下吗?
And finally, another way to avoid misunderstandings is to check that the person you’re talking to has understood you.Just ask them! Say something like "Is that clear?"
最后,另一个避免出现误会的方法是再确认下你说话的对象已经明白你说的话。直接问他们!比如像“这样清楚了吗?”之类的话
Is that clear?
这样清楚了吗?
Or, after an explanation, say "Does that make everything clear?"
或者,解释完后,说“那样都清楚了吗?”
Does that make everything clear?
那样都清楚了吗?
And never forget the golden rule of avoiding misunderstandings – if in doubt, ask! It’s better to ask now than make a mistake later.
绝对不要忘记避免误会的黄金法则——如果有疑问,说出来!比起后面一熬犯的错误当时问会好一些。
Thanks Betty.
谢谢Betty。
You’re welcome. Bye!
不客气。拜~!
Bye!
拜~!
She’s so good… don’t you think so, Conrado and Stephani? Don’t you think she’s brilliant - Business Betty?
她太好了...你们觉得呢,Conrado 和 Stephani?你们难道不认为她- Business Betty很聪明吗?
Oh yes!
oh是的!
Well that’s very good because we’re about to put it to the test!
这是很好的因为我们打算把这个放到测试里!
Yes Conrado and Stephani. Let’s imagine that you’re back there now in your offices you’re having this conversation that got you into so much trouble. But this time use some of Betty’s tips and see if you can get it right.
是的。Conrado and Stephani,让我们想象一下你现在又回去你办公室了,你又要开始让你陷入很多麻烦的对话里。但是这次你用一些Betty给的贴士,看看你能否正确对待。
Does that make sense? Have another go at the hang on / hang up conversation, but this time do what Betty suggested. OK? Are you ready?
那样有用吗?再来一次稍等-挂断的对话,但这次按Betty建议的去做。OK?准备好了吗?
Yes, we are ready.
是的,我们准备好了。
Ring ring!
叮铃铃,叮铃铃~
Hello, Stephani speaking.
你好,我是Stephani。
Hello Stephani, it’s Conrado. I just wanted to ask if the reports are ready.
你好Stephani,我是 Conrado。我想知道报告是否都准备好了。
The reports… do you mean the monthly reports or the yearly reports?
报告...你的意思是月报告还是年报告?
Oh sorry, yes, the monthly reports.
Oh,不好意思,是月报告。
The monthly reports. OK, just hang on.
月报告。好的,请稍等。
Sorry, I’m not sure if I got that. Are you saying "Wait a minute"?
不好意思,我不确定我明白你的话了。你的意思是说”等一会吗?“
Yes, just hang on a couple of minutes please.
是的,不要挂机,请等几分钟。
OK.
好的。
Hello Conrado, sorry to keep you waiting. The monthly reports are nearly ready - the accountant is finishing them this afternoon.
你好, Conrado,,抱歉让你久等了。月报告几乎快完成了--会计今天下午会完成。
Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mean they’ll be ready by the end of today?
如果我说错了请指正,你的意思是说今天下班前月报告会准备好了吗?
Yes, they’ll be ready by 5 o’clock today. Does that make everything clear?
是的,下午5点前会完成。你都清楚了吗?
Oh yes, thanks, that’s great. Thank you very much!
是的,谢谢,非常好。非常感谢!
You’re welcome.
不客气。
And that’s the end of today’s role-play!
这就是今天角色扮演的结尾了!
How was it for you two?
你们俩觉得怎么样?
It was great, much much better.
太棒了,好太多太多了。
Yes, I wish we’d done it that way in the first place.
是的,我希望我们能够将它放在了第一位置。
That’s good and that’s it.
很好,就这些了。
Are you saying that we’ve reached the end of today’s programme?
你说的意思是我们已经到今天节目的尾声了?
Yes we have, so thanks for helping us out today Conrado and Stephani.It’s goodbye from all of us. Join us again for another 6 Minute English!
是的,也谢谢今天帮助我们的Conrado and Stephani。大家再见啦。请再一次加入我们的BBC6分钟英语
Bye!
拜~