正文
新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 50 Taken for a ride
Lesson 50 Taken for a ride
乘车兜风
First listen and then answer the question.
听录音,然后回答以下问题。
Why did the writer not get off the bus at Woodford Green?
I love travelling in the country, but I don't like losing my way.
我喜欢在乡间旅行,但却不愿意迷路。
I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected.
最近我作了一次短途旅行,但这次旅行所花费的时间比我预计的要长。
'I'm going to Woodford Green,' I said to the conductor as I got on the bus, 'but I don't know where it is.'
“我要去伍德福德草地,”我一上车就对售票员说,“但我不知道它在那儿。”
'I'll tell you where to get off.' answered the conductor.
“我来告诉您在哪儿下车,”售票员回答说。
I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside.
我坐在汽车的前部,以便饱览农村风光。
After some time, the bus stopped.
过了一些时候,车停了。
Looking round, I realized with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus.
我环视了一下身旁,惊奇地发现车里就只剩我一个乘客了。
'You'll have to get off here,' the conductor said. 'This is as far as we go.'
“您得在这里下车,”售票员说,“我们的车就到此为止了。”
'Is this Woodford Green?' I asked.
“这里是伍德福德草地吗?”我问道。
'Oh dear,' said the conductor suddenly. 'I forgot to put you off.'
“哎呀,”售票员突然说,“我忘了让您下车了。”
'It doesn't matter,' I said. 'I'll get off here.'
“没关系,”我说,“我就在这儿下吧。”
'We're going back now,' said the conductor.
“我们现在要返回去,”售票员说。
'Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on the bus,' I answered.
“好吧,既然如此,我还是留在车上吧。”我回答说。
相关文章
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 96 The dead return
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 95 A fantasy
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 94 Future champions
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 93 A noble gift
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 92 Asking for trouble
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 91 Three men in a basket
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 90 What's for supper?
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 89 A slip of the tongue
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 88 Trapped in a mine
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 87 A perfect alibi