正文
新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 68 Persistent
Lesson 68 Persistent
纠缠不休
First listen and then answer the question.
听录音,然后回答以下问题。
Why did Elizabeth tell Nigel that she was going to the dentist?
I crossed the street to avoid meeting him, but he saw me and came running towards me.
我穿过马路以便避开他,但他看到我并朝我跑过来。
It was no use pretending that I had not seen him, so I waved to him.
若再装作没看见他已是没有用了,我只好向他招手。
I never enjoy meeting Nigel Dykes.
我就怕遇到奈杰尔.戴克斯。
He never has anything to do.
他从来都是无事可做,
No matter how busy you are, he always insists on coming with you.
不管你多忙,他总是坚持要跟你去。
I had to think of a way of preventing him from following me around all morning.
我得想办法不让他整个上午缠着我。
'Hello, Nigel,' I said. 'Fancy meeting you here!'
“你好,奈杰尔,想不到在这儿见到你。”我说。
'Hi, Elizabeth,' Nigel answered.
“你好,伊丽莎白,”奈杰尔回答说,
'I was just wondering how to spend the morning -- until I saw you. You're not busy doing anything, are you?
“我正不知道怎么消磨这一上午呢,正好见到好。你不忙,是吗?”
'No, not at all,' I answered. 'I'm going to...'
“不,不忙,我打算去......”我回答。
'Would you mind my coming with you?' he asked, before I had finished speaking.
“我跟你一道去行吗?”没等我说完话他就问道。
'Not at all,' I lied, 'but I'm going to the dentist.'
“没关系,但我准备去牙医那里。”我说了个谎。
'Then I'll come with you,' he answered. 'There's always plenty to read in the waiting room!'
“那我也跟你去,候诊室里总有很多东西可供阅读!”他回答。
相关文章
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 96 The dead return
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 95 A fantasy
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 94 Future champions
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 93 A noble gift
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 92 Asking for trouble
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 91 Three men in a basket
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 90 What's for supper?
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 89 A slip of the tongue
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 88 Trapped in a mine
- 新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 87 A perfect alibi