正文
礼节美语 026 How to Introduce Yourself in Business
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他来到美国同事Amy的办公室。
(Office ambience)
C:Hi Amy.
A:Hey, Chen Hao, what's up?
C:我晚上下班有活动,我去多认识一些生意上的人。
A:That's called a networking event.
C: Networking是什么意思啊?
A: 很简单。Networking in business is connecting with other people who might be of help to you or whom you might be able to help.
C:换句话说,就是带有商业目的的社交活动。
A:没错。The point is to go and meet as many people as possible to expand your circle of business friends and associates.
C:我最不擅长跟陌生人打交道了。Amy, 你有什么好的建议吗?
A:Sure. The first thing you need to be able to do is to introduce yourself with confidence.
C:你能不能说得再具体点儿?
A: You look for the approachable people. Those are people who are standing by themselves or who are in groups of three or more.
C: 只能去找那些独自一人,要不就是三五成群的。两个人为什么不行呢?
A:You never walk up to two people who are in conversation because you risk interrupting a private conversation.
C:有道理。人家两个人在一起聊天儿,很可能是在谈私事,我上去打招呼,一定很不礼貌。
Amy, 自我介绍的时候有什么需要注意的地方吗?
A:You start with "Hello" and then you say who you are, using both your first and last name.
C:除了介绍自己的名字,还要说些什么?
A:You need to offer a handshake and some information about yourself, such as your job title and organization.
C:那我可以说,“你们好,我叫陈豪,我是北京ABC公司的销售部经理。”这样行吗?
A:没问题。
CH: Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow.
******
MC:第二天,陈豪又遇到了Amy。
A:How did it go last night? Did you make lots of new contacts?
C:还不错。我至少认识了十几个人,其中一些人对我以后扩展业务很有帮助。不过,我也遇到了一个很尴尬的场面。
A:What happened?
C:我刚认识了一位女士。她的一个朋友走了过来。她没给我们做介绍,我不知道该怎么办,就干站在那儿。他也是,感觉特别尴尬。
A:When someone you don't know approaches you, don't wait for anyone else to introduce you. Take the responsibility for introducing yourself immediately.
C:有了这次的教训,我下次一定会主动自我介绍。
A:Right. Find the approachable people, start with a greeting, give your name, and say something about yourself. Don't wait for other people to introduce you.
C:我记住了。