和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 每天说半小时英语口语

正文

每天说半小时英语口语002

2011-07-23来源:和谐英语
Dilaogue 6

W: I can't decide whether to go to university or to get a job.
我决定不了是要去上大学还是找份工作。

M: Well, if I were you, I'd go on studying.
额,如果我是你,我会继续学习

W: But I don't even know what to study.
但是我不知道学什么。

M: If I had chance again, I'd major in English. You're good at language.
如果我还有一次机会,我会选英语专业。你擅长语言。

W: That's what my parents want me to do.
这也是我父母想我做的事。

M: You should take their advice. They know what's best for you.
你应该听他们的意见。他们知道什么对你来说是最好。

W: But my friends will have jobs and lots of fun, while I spend all my time doing reading and writing.
但是当我把所有时间都花在阅读和写作上的时候,我的朋友们都有了工作,过得很开心。

M: But if you go to university, you'll still have time for fun.
但是如果你去读大学,你仍然有很多时间可以玩。

W: Hum, what you say make sense. But you know, I still have to ask my parents for pocket money, and I hate to do so at this age.
嗯,你说得有道理。但是你知道的,我仍然要跟我的父母拿零用钱,都这么大了,我讨厌做这种事。

M: And if you try to find a part-time job, you'll have some money too.
如果你试着找份兼职,你也会有钱的。

W: You're right. Thank you for the advice.
你说得对。谢谢你的建议。

W: Most Americans don't like to get advice from members of their families. When they need advice, they don't usually ask people they know. Instead, many Americans write letters to newspapers and magazines, which give advice on many different subjects, including family problems, sex, the use of language, health, cooking, children care, cloth, and how to buy a house or a car. Two of the most famous writers of advice are women without special training for this kind of work. Experience is their preparation for giving advice. There's one writer who has not lived long enough to have much experience. She is a girl who started writing advice for newspaper readers at the age of ten. Her advice to young readers now appears regularly in the column called "Dear Angel".
大多数美国人不喜欢向他们的家人询问意见。当他们需要意见的时候,他们通常不会问认识的人。相反,美国会写信给报社或杂志社,它们可以就许多不同的话题给出意见,包括家庭问题、性、语言的使用、健康、烹饪、孩子的照顾、衣服以及如何买房子或车子。最著名的意见作家当中的两个是没有接受这类工作的特别培训的女性。经验是她们给出意见的基础。有一位作家年龄不是很大,没有很多的经验。她是一位十岁就开始为报纸读者写意见的女孩。她给年轻读者的意见现在定期出现在一个叫“Dear Angel”的专栏上。