正文
每天说半小时英语口语069
A:Good morning!
早上好!
B:Can I speak to Miss Cooper please?
请找库伯小姐听电话好吗?
A:Would you hold on a second,please?Miss Cooper's extension is engaged.
请稍等一会好吗?库伯小姐的分级被占线了。
B:Engaged.Oh,dear!Could you tell her it's a long-distance call?
被占线。噢,天啊!你可以告诉她这是长途电话吗?
A:I'm sorry,sir.I can't interrupt her.I'm sure she won't be very long.
先生,对不起。我不能打扰她。我肯定她讲电话不会太久的。
B:How long do you think she'll be?
你觉得她要说多久?
A:I really can't say how long she'll be.
我实在说不出她要讲多久。
B:Can I leave a message,please?
我可以留个口信吗?
A:Yes,certainly.
是的,当然可以。
B:Can you tell her I'm waiting to speak to her?
你可以告诉她,我等着和她讲电话吗?
A:Yes,sir.I'll ring her on an inside line if you like.
是的,先生。如果你想要的话,我可以通过内线打电话给她。
B:Thank you very much.
非常感谢你。
电话的烦恼
I had worked hard all day at the office,and I was looking forward to a relaxing evening at home.
我整天在办公室都努力工作,我期望晚上在家能好好放松一下。
Just as I walked in the door,the telephone began to ring.I dashed to answer the phone and found that the caller was a man trying to sell something.I refused and hung up the phone.
就在我刚刚踏进门,电话开始响。我冲过去接电话,发现打电话的是一个男人,他在尝试推销一些东西。我拒绝了,挂上电话。
As I went upstairs to see whether the children had finished their homework,the telephone rang again.I answered it and knew my husband wouldn't be home for dinner.
在我上楼去看孩子们是否写好作业的时候,电话又响了。我去听,知道我的丈夫不能回家吃晚餐。
Then I went back downstairs with the children to have dinner.During dinner,the phone rang twice.Without even answering it,I called to my children,"Get ready,we're all going to a movie."
接着我和孩子们走到楼下吃晚餐。吃晚餐期间,电话响了两次。我没有去接它,我跟孩子们说:“准备好了,我们要去电影院了。”
"Great!But why?"
“太棒了!但是为什么?”
"Is seems that's the only way we can get away from this telephone."
“似乎这是我们可以远离电话的唯一办法。”
- 上一篇
- 下一篇