英语情景会话:交通堵塞是一场考验
Traffic jam
交通堵塞
Maria: Sorry I'm late. Horrible traffic.
玛利亚:抱歉,我迟到了。交通状况很糟。
Jack: Rush hour in New York separates the men from the boys. For me, Manhattan's the easy part. I always walk from Grand Central.
杰 克:纽约的交通颠峰时间就可以考验一个人的的耐力和体力如何。对我而言,曼哈顿还算好。我都是从中央车站走路过来。
Maria: Oh, where do you live?
玛利亚:哦,你住哪里?
Jack: Greenwich, Connecticut.
杰 克:格林威治,在康乃迪克州。
Maria: How far is that?
玛利亚:离这里多远?
Jack: Oh, about thirty-five miles, door-to-door.
杰 克:哦,从出发到抵达大约三十五英里。
Maria: How do you get there?
玛利亚:你怎么来这里的?
Jack: I take the seven-fifty train.
杰 克:我搭七点五十的火车。
Maria: How long does the train take?
玛利亚:搭火车要花多少时间?
Jack: It usually takes thirty minutes and then it's a thirteen-minute walk here.
杰 克:通常要三十分钟,然后走十三分钟到这里。
Maria: Then why did it take me fifty minutes by cab from my hotel on the West Side?
玛利亚:那么为什么我从西区的旅馆搭计程车过来却要花上五十分钟呢?
- 上一篇
- 下一篇