魔鬼口语1000句(三十七):少管闲事
1. My wages are barely enough to keep body and soul together.
我的工资仅够维持生计。
►keep body and soul together 仅能维持生活,勉强度日,勉强地生活下去,糊口
e.g. I hate my job, but I have to keep body and soul together somehow. 我讨厌我的工作,但不管怎么样我得挣钱糊口。
2. Count your blessings.
你知足吧。
3. Would you like your steak rare, medium, or well-done?
您的牛排要三分熟,五分熟,还是全熟?
4. Steer clear of trouble.
少管闲事。
►steer clear of 躲避,避开,绕开,避免
e.g. Kids should steer clear of that park, it doesn't seem safe. 那个公园好像不安全,孩子们应该避开。
5. You better hew to the line.
你最好守规矩。
►hew to the line 服从纪律,循规蹈矩
e.g. We should hew to the Party's line. 我们应该坚持党的路线。
6. What’s cuter than that?
你嘴巴真甜。
7. The rarer it is, the more it is worth.
物以稀为贵。
8. You brought it up.
是你先提这件事的。
►bring up 提出;教育;养育;呕出;(船等)停下
e.g. Please bring up this point at the next meeting. 请把这一点在下次会议上提出来。
9. It is bred in the bone.
本性难移。
►bred in the bone 生来就有的,与生俱来的,天赋的;根除不了的,改不掉的
10. I’ll give you the lowdown.
我会告诉你关键信息。