和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 英语口语学习材料

正文

12个亮瞎眼的地道英式口语

2014-07-07来源:englishwithatwist
6. Gobsmacked - “Gob” is mouth is British English and if you smack it, you probably would do it because you are amazed or shocked.
Gobsmacked –“Gob”是嘴巴的意思,是英式英语,如果你用这个表达“smack it”因为你被震惊到了,所以你可能会张大嘴巴。

“I was gobsmacked by how much weight Pete had lost”.
“皮特瘦了这么多,真让我太吃惊了!”

7. Gormless – another way to say vacant or clueless. Gormless –另一种表示茫然或无头绪的方式。

Mr Bean’s gormless look.
憨豆先生看起来很憨很萌。

“She always has a gormless look in meetings.”
“开会她总是一副一脸茫然的表情。”

8. Gutted – really upset.
Gutted –非常不安

“I was gutted when I didn’t get the job”.
“没得到这份工作,我心烦意乱。”

9. Hunky-dory – fine, going well,Hunky-dory –很好,进展顺利。

“How are things with you?”
“最近怎么样?”

“Everything is hunky-dory, thanks.”
“一切都挺好的,谢谢.”

10. Knackered – very tired, exhausted
Knackered –非常累,精疲力竭

“I’ve been working for hours on this report. I’m knackered“.
“我花了几个小时做这个报告,已经累趴下了.”[/cn

11. Lurgy – if you’ve got the lurgy, it means you are ill with the flu or a virus. It means that people will stay away from you.
Lurgy –如果你得了传染病,也就是感冒了或者带了其他病毒。这就意味着人们会和你隔离远离你。

“Where’s Sarah today?”
“萨拉今天去哪里了?”

“She’s off sick. She’s got the lurgy“.
“她生病了,被隔离了。”

12. Nice one! – If someone is impressed by what you’ve done, they could use this expression. It’s similar to “good job” in American English. It can also be used sarcastically.
Nice one! –如果一个人对你所做的事情印象深刻,他们就能用这个表达方式。它同美式英语里的“干得好”同义,也可以用于带有讽刺意味的夸奖。

“I managed to get two tickets for the One Direction concert at the O2 arena”. “Nice one, mate!“ “我设法弄到了两张One Direction音乐会的票,在O2舞台。”“伙计,这真棒。”