疯狂英语口语绝招 第九招 伤心的你
2008-08-26来源:
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
Sadness
人有悲欢离合,月有阴晴圆缺。德国哲学家叔本华曾经说过,“一定的忧愁,痛苦或烦恼,对每个人都是时时必需的。”(A certain amount of care or pain or trouble is necessary for every man at all times. )。英国诗人考伯更是将悲痛视作一剂良药( Grief is itself a medicine. )。听一曲蓝色忧郁的旋律,咀嚼一丝苦涩
的人生滋味。谁能说,这不是一种独特的美?
Key Words
关键词
blue, depressed, desperate, gloomy, low, miserable, painful, sad, sorrow, sorry, tormenting
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法
I'm feeling rather gloomy today.
今天我觉得相当抑郁。
I've been eating my heart out.
我一直非常悲痛。
I'm deeply sorry to hear about the news.
听到消息我深感悲痛。
I'm lonely without you. I feel very miserable.
没有你我很孤独,我觉得很痛苦。
Chances are slim. I have no other choice. I feel so desperate.
机会渺茫,我别无选择。我真感到绝望。
It's just been one of those days. I got out of the wrong side of the bed today.
真是倒霉的日子,我今天一整天情绪都不好。
I'm feeling really depressed about my work. I think I'm at the end of my rope.
我真的对我的工作感到灰心,我想我山穷水尽了。
My heart sunk, for before I knew it, I had gray hair and wrinkles.
我心情很沉重,我还不知道怎么回事,我就已经是满头白发,满脸皱纹了。
I'm on the brink of ruin. It seems that everything is happening to me. I don't know what will happen in the future and I have to leave my fate to Heaven.
我濒于毁灭的边缘,似乎所有的倒霉事都发生在我身上,我不知道将来会发生什么事,只好听天由命了。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:48″]
The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法
I am down in the dumps about the defeat.
由于失败,我沮丧极了。
What a bummer! I'm all thumbs today anyway.
真糟糕!不管怎样,我今天整天都是笨手笨脚的。
I've got a lot on my mind. You made me feel ashamed of myself.
我觉得心头沉重,你让我觉得惭愧。
I'm feeling blue because I have to leave you soon.
我觉得心情郁闷,因为很快就要离开你们了。
Oh, no! How could this happen to me! I'm just out of luck.
哦,天哪!我怎么会遇到这种事啊!我可算倒霉了。
Boy! What have I done? What luck!
天哪!我到底做了什么?真倒霉!
What a fool I've made of myself. I feel like such an idiot.
我出尽了洋相。我觉得自己简直是个傻瓜。
Having worked for ten years, I'm still an office clerk. I can't help thinking I'm a failure.
工作了十年,仍然是办公室职员,我得承认自己是个失败者。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:43″]
The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法
It was a great shock to hear of the news of your father's death.
惊悉令尊不幸仙逝,实在令人震惊。
There is no sorrow like my sorrow.
我的悲伤是无法比拟的。
We come together today to mourn the loss of seven brave men, to share the grief that we all feel, and perhaps in that sharing, to find the strength to bear our sorrow and the courage to look for the seeds of hope.
今天,我们聚集在此,悼念我们失去的七位勇士,分享我们的悲痛。在悲痛的分享中,也许可以找到承受悲哀的力量以及探寻希望之火种的勇气。
What we say today is only an inadequate expression of what we carry in our hearts. Words pale in the shadow of grief; they seem insufficient even to measure the brave sacrifice of those you love and we admired.
今天我们所说的话还远远不能表达我们心中所想。言语在悲痛的笼罩之下显得苍白无力,甚至无法用它衡量你我敬爱之人所做出的牺牲。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:44″]
Dialogue
对话
A: Oh, my God! It's the end of the world!
哦,上帝!世界末日到了!
B: What's wrong?
怎么啦?
A: I got sacked yesterday.
我昨天被炒了鱿鱼。
B: Look on the bright side. You can find a better job.
往好的方面看,你可以找到一份更好的工作。
A: And my girl friend broke up with me this morning. I can't believe it!
接着,今天早上我的女朋友把我甩了,我简直不敢相信!
B: I'm sorry to hear that. Can I do anything for you?
我为你难过。我能帮什么忙吗?
A: Can you lend me some money? I lost my wallet just now and my whole month's salary was in it. Oh, no! How could this happen to me!
你能借我些钱吗?我刚才把钱包丢了,里边装着我整个月的薪水。哦,天哪!我怎么会碰上这样的事!
B: Just as the saying goes, it never rains but it pours. Anyway, cheer up. Everything will turn out all right.
正如俗话所说,祸不单行。无论如何,看开一点,一切都会好转起来的。
A: I hope so.
但愿如此。
Sentence Structure
增值句型
[句型1]
I'm sad to hear... + that引导的从句
例:I'm sad to hear that you are leaving.
听说你要走,我很难过。
[句型2]
I'm filled with dismay ... + 介词by引导的短语
例:I'm filled with dismay by the outcome of the trial.
得知审判的结果后,我感到十分沮丧。
[句型3]
I despair of... + 名词性短语
例:I despair of passing my driving test.
我没有希望考取驾驶执照了。
Useful Phrases
表达口头禅
Today is not my day.
今天真倒霉。
I never have any luck.
我从不走运。
I could kick myself, really.
我恨死我自己了。
I've hit bottom.
我是到了人生的最低谷了。
I'm resigned to my fate.
我只好听天由命了。
I've been a complete jerk.
我是个不折不扣的笨蛋。
It's a pain in the neck.
真是件令人痛苦的事。
I'm on my last legs.
我到了穷途末路了。
There's not even a dog's chance.
一丁点儿机会也没有了。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇