和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 英语口语话题

正文

3.03.4 办公室恋情

2011-02-23来源:和谐英语
M: Hey, Jenny. Would you like to go to dinner with me?
嘿,珍妮。你想和我一起吃晚餐吗?

W: I don't know. You know what they say about office romances.
我不知道。你知道他们怎么说办公室恋情吗?

M: No, I don't. What do they say about office romances?
不,我不知道。他们怎么说办公室恋情的?

W: They say you shouldn't mix love and work.
他们说你们不应该把爱情和工作混在一起。

M: That's silly. What I do on my own time is no one else’s business. Besides, it's pretty hard to meet people outside of the office when we spend long hours here.
真是可笑。我在自己的时间做的事与他人何干。另外,我们在这里的时间这么长,很难在办公室以外认识人。

W: You’ve got a point. Once I dated one of my supervisors and all of my co-workers accused him of favoritism. Then when the relationship went bad, he fired me.
你说得有道理。我曾经和我的管理者约会,我所有的同事都指责他偏袒。然后当关系变坏时,他就炒了我。

M: People fall in love with people they work with. That's a fact.
人们会爱上和他们一起工作的人。这是一个事实。

W: That may be true, but I don't want an inter-office relationship to affect my productivity.
这可能是真的,但是我不想办公室里的恋爱关系影响我的工作效率。

M: If it does, it will only make you more productive, because we can support each other.
如果是这样,它只会让你更有工作效率,因为我们可以互相支持。

W: You are sounding like we are already married.
听起来好像我们已经结婚了。

M: Good grief. All I did was ask you out. I am sorry.
天哪!我只想叫你出去玩。我很抱歉。

W: Well, I don't feel right about it.
额,我觉得那样不合适。

M: I am talking about dinner tonight, not a lifetime.
我是说今晚的晚餐,不是一辈子。

W: Most starts with dinner, but then it gets out of hand. Besides, haven't you asked out every woman in the entire office?
很多都是从吃晚餐开始,但是接着就无法控制了。另外,你没有叫全办公室的女人出去吗?

M: I like company.
我喜欢公司。

W: Company? I heard about you from Linda. She said you were an octopus!
公司?我听琳达说过你。她说你是一只章鱼!

M: What can I say? I am a passionate guy.
我还能说什么?我是一个充满激情的人。

W: Well, I hope you can find something else to be passionate about.
额,我希望你能找一些别的事去爱好。

M: You want to go out with me and you know it.
你想和我出去的,你知道的。

W: In your dreams. Now if you don't mind, I've got some work to do.
你做梦。如果你不介意,我还有一些工作要做。

M: Ok, I get the message. Hey, do you have any sisters?
好的,我明白了。嘿,你有姐妹吗?