和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 英语口语话题

正文

5.04.11 安慰

2011-03-09来源:互联网
4.11 Console 安慰

W: Why do you look so gloomy? What are you looking for?
为什么你看起来那么沮丧?你在找什么?

M: My dissertation. I put it somewhere last night and I can't find it now.
我的学位论文。我昨晚把它放在某个地方,但是现在找不到了。

W: Did you finish typing yesterday?
你是昨天打印好论文的吗?

M: Yes, I kept on typing it until midnight, but it is lost.
是的。我直到午夜才打好,但却不见了。

W: Don't worry about it. It must be somewhere in your room. Let's see where you put it. Have you searched your drawers and the desk?
别担心。它一定在你房间的某个地方。让我们来想想你把它放在哪里了。抽屉和桌子你都找了吗?

M: Yes, but there is nothing inside the drawers or on the desk.
是的,但是抽屉里和桌子上什么都没有。

W: How about the shelf?
架子呢?

M: I've searched everywhere. Where on earth did I put it?
我到处都找遍了。我究竟把它放在哪里?

W: Don't get upset over it. At least you have another week to go.
别心烦。至少你还有一个星期的时间。

M: I have been working on it for a whole month and it's too late to write another. Just think of all my hard work that goes for nothing. How could I do such a thing?
我写这篇论文已经写了整个月了,再写一篇太迟了。我所有的努力都付诸一炬了。我怎么会做出这样的事?

W: Cheer up! What I meant was that you can find it sometime during a week. There is no need to write a new one. Oh, what's this? Is this your dissertation?
振作起来。我的意思是说不定你可以在这个星期的某个时候找到它。没有必要重写一篇。噢,这是什么?这是你的论文吗?

M: Let me see. Yes, that's it. Where did you find it?
让我看看。是的,就是它。你在哪里找到的?

W: You’ve put it among these journals.
你把它夹在这些期刊里了。

M: My poor memory. Thank you very much.
我的记性真差。非常感谢你!