和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 时尚英语口语

正文

时尚英语口语第2期:Mom, the Toughest Job in the World

2012-05-28来源:和谐英语

Mom, the Toughest Job in the World
母亲,世界上最艰苦的工作

If you know me, you know that I always describe moms as our domestic engineers as having the toughest jobs in the world.
如果你认识我,你知道我一向都描述妈妈像国内工程师一样是世界上最艰苦的工作。

They have so many hats to wear, so many balls to juggle, the cleaning, the cooking, the kids education, and on and on.
她们有很多帽子要戴,很多球来玩耍,清洗,烹饪,孩子的教育,等等的一切。

So the question is does it really have to be the toughest jobs in the world, does it have to be that tough?
所以问题是这是否真的是世界上最艰难的工作,真的很难吗?

I think that it can be easier.
我觉得可容易多了。

First of all, dads can help more.
首先,爸爸可以帮忙。

There is no doubt about that.
而这点是毫无疑问的。

But you what, I think kids can help more, too.
但是你知道吗,我想孩子们可以帮助更多。

Moms do too much for their kids, they spoil their kids.
妈妈为孩子做太多事情,他们溺爱孩子。

I think they should be teaching their kids how to clean a little.
我认为他们应该教他们的孩子如何干净一点。

Why should moms clean up after their kids, if their kids are old enough to do themselves?
妈妈为什么总要善后,如果孩子长大能够自己做呢?

It does make sense to me.
它的确有道理。

Sure, kids need to study, but they need to clean up after themselves.
当然,孩子们需要学习,但是他们需要清洁自己。

Spoiling a kid is not going to make the toughest job in the world any easier.
溺爱孩子不会使世界上最艰巨的工作变得轻松。

If you teach a kid how to clean you are teaching him a great skill, and how to take care of themselves, and how to be more responsible.
如果你教一个孩子如何清洁,你就教会他很了不起的技巧,以及如何照顾自己,如何能更负责任。

A wise man once said, give a man a fish, feed him a day, teach a man how to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
一位智者曾经说过,给一个人一条鱼,就给他吃一天,教他如何捕鱼,他能一辈子喂饱自己。

I agree.
我同意这个看法。

Now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't the mom who came up with this phrase.
既然我想到了它,也许妈妈谁想出了这个词。

Talk about it.
谈论它。

What is your mom like?
你的妈妈什么样子?

Do you think being a mom is the toughest job in the world?
你认为妈妈是世界上最艰巨的工作吗?

How do you help your mom every day?
你每一天怎么帮你妈妈?

What can a dad do the help?
你的爸爸能够帮助妈妈吗?

What does "give a man a fish, feed him a day, teach a man how to fish, feed him a lifetime" mean to you?
给一个人一条鱼,喂他一天;教一个人如何捕鱼,给他一辈子对你意味着什么?

What are some other tough jobs?
其他一些艰苦的工作是什么?

Why are they tough?
这些工作为什么如此艰难?

Does your mom have her own free time?
你的妈妈有自己的空闲时间吗?

When was the last time she had a vacation, or a day just for your dad?
上次她有一个假期是什么时间,还是一天只是为了你的爸爸?

Does your mom spoil you?
你的妈妈溺爱你吗?

What does your mother do that you can do yourselves, instead?
你妈妈做的,你自己能做吗?

How do you show appreciation to you mother for everything she does for you?
你怎么表达对你的母亲为你做的每一件事的敬意?