和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 商务英语口语

正文

商务情景礼节学习

2010-07-14来源:和谐英语
(2)

Jeff: How do you think the dinner with the client went last night?

杰夫:你觉得昨晚和客户吃的晚餐怎么样?

Joan: I think that it was successful. I am expecting a call today from the Chief Executive to tell me that we won his business.

琼:我觉得很成功。今天我在等首席执行给我打电话,告诉我我们赢了这单生意。

Jeff: Can I say something frank about the dinner?

杰夫:我可以就晚餐说一些坦白的话吗?

Joan: Sure, Jeff. You know that I prefer direct talk.

琼:当然了,杰夫。你知道我更喜欢直截了当。

Jeff: I was really surprised by the Chief Executive's table manners.

杰夫:首席执行的饭桌礼仪真让我大吃一惊。

Joan: To be honest Jeff, so was I.

琼:老实说,杰夫。我也是。

Jeff: It goes to show that just because someone is rich and successful, doesn't make them perfect.

杰夫:这说明某人富有或者成功并不能让他们变得完美无缺。

Joan: I'd rather have good table manners than all the riches in the world!

琼:我宁愿要有好的饭桌礼仪,而不要世界上的所有财富!

Notes:

1) Desk-lunch: eating lunch at your desk so you can keep working

办公桌午餐:在办公桌上吃午饭,这样你就可以继续工作

Desk-lunches are OK sometimes, but it's not good for your health to do it everyday.

偶尔吃一吃办公桌午餐是可以的,不过每天都这么吃就会对你的健康不利。

2) Journal: serious magazines that are usually industry specific

定期刊物,杂志:严肃的杂志,通常具体到某个领域

Each month I receive marketing journals full of the latest trends and information about the world of sales.

每月我都收到市场期刊,里面全是有关世界销售的最近走向与信息。

3) Client: a customer of a service company

客户:服务公司的消费者

Generally speaking, customers buy goods while clients buy services.

通常来说,消费者买物品而客户买服务。