和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 商务英语口语

正文

尊重别人的习俗和文化(2)

2010-07-17来源:和谐英语

世界正在变成一个小小的地球村,越来越多来自不同国家和文化背景的人在一起工作。作为一个世界居民,一定要学会尊重别人的习俗和文化。

Jeff: Hey Joan. Do you want to have lunch with me today?

杰夫:嗨琼!今天愿意跟我一起吃午餐吗?

Joan: I would love to, but I have already accepted an invitation to eat with Mr Singh from the marketing department.

琼:很愿意,可我已经接受了市场部辛格先生的邀请跟他一起吃饭。

Jeff: Isn't he Indian?

杰夫:他不是印度人吗?

Joan: Yes, he is from India. What does that matter?

琼:对,他是从印度来的。这有什么关系吗?

Jeff: Well, he will want to have hot curries for lunch.

杰夫:他午餐会点热咖喱。

Joan: I cannot believe how ignorant you are some days. Do you eat hamburgers everyday just because you are an American?

琼:有的时候我真的不敢相信你是多么无知。就因为你是美国人你就要每天吃汉堡包吗?

Jeff: Of course not. That would be stupid.

杰夫:当然不是,那样很愚蠢。

Joan: That's right! Maybe Mr Singh would enjoy Japanese food for lunch?

琼:没错!也许辛格先生午餐想吃日本菜呢。

Jeff: Great! I love Japanese food. Can I join you?

杰夫:太好了!我很喜欢日本菜。我能跟你们一起去吗?

Joan: Only if you promise to be culturally sensitive!

琼:除非你保证对文化敏感一点儿!