商务英语谈判对话 03-01
2009-05-28来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
Alter the Schedule of Payments改变付款日期
Dialog
A fifth bargaining chip could be to alter the schedule of payments. Because this is frequently done in construction contracts, I changed the scene to that type of job for this dialog.
第五个可以用来议价的筹码是改变原订的付款日期。因为在工程合约中这种情况常常发生,所以我在这个对话中,稍微将工作场景修改了一下。
Mel:There you go. Everything just like you requested, except the price.
好了,一切都合你的意了,除了价格以外。
Bill:Why not the price?
为什么价格不行?
Mel:Well,your terms require me to carry the cost of everything and wait for my payment until 30 days after the work is completed.
这个嘛,你的条件是要我全额负担开销,直到完工后一个月才能取款。
Bill:That's right.
没错。
I wnat to be sure everything is done right before I pay you off, otherwise you might not response to my call back to complete the punch list.
我想确定全部完善后才付款,不然,一出问题你可能就不会回复了。
Mel:I can understand that, but in the meantime I have to cover the cost of materials and payroll for your job.
我了解你的顾虑,但是我还要负担你的材料费和工人的薪资。
The increase in to cover the cost of a short-term loan I have to get to stay in business while you wait and make sure.
为了等你那一个月,我可能要周转贷款,打平经营费用;所以反应给你的就是涨价。
Bill:How about if I alter the deal to 50% upon substantial completion and 50% within 30 days?
那我改成大致完工后就付一半,完工一个月再付一半呢?
Mel:Still the same.
还是一样。
I'll got to have some front money to buy supplies,and no more than 10% retained pending final inspection.
我一定要有前置费去买原料、补给品,所以在你检查确定前,顶多可以扣押10%的尾款。
Bill:Then,how do I know you'll come back and finish the job?
那我怎么知道你会不会把工作做完?
Mel:You have my word.
我跟你保证。
That's enough for most people.
通常大家听我这么说就够了。
Bill:Okay, then, how's this.
好,这样吧。
I buy the materials and have them delivered here, and I retain 15% for up to 30 days after the punch list.
我负责买材料,并运送到这里;完工后,我会扣百分之十五的尾款,一个月后付清。
I'll give you the rest upon substantial completion ,so you can make your payroll.
只要大部分完工,我就先付百分之八十五,这样你就可以会工人的薪水了。
Mel: All right.
好吧。
I'll do it for nothing up front,but you buy the supplies,and pay me everything except 15% retainage,upon substantial completion.
这样没有前置费,我也可以动工。但你得负责购买材料,在工作大致完成后,你要支付百分之八十五的货款,扣押款不得超过15%。
Bill: Done!
成交!
Vocabulary重要词汇
punch list后续表单(工程中指完工后的需整改的记录)
payroll薪资总额
alter改变
front money预付之订金
retainage尾款(工程中指保修金之类的预留金)
- 上一篇
- 下一篇