和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 外贸英语口语

正文

外贸英语口语学习教程第201期:货物保险之保险费率

2012-06-23来源:和谐英语

Premium rates


保险费率

A: Though I have effected insurance for quite a few times, there is still one thing I am not sure.
虽然我曾经办过几次保险,但仍有一事不是很了解。

B: What is it?
什么问题?

A: What do you think are the main factors that determine the premium rates?
你认为决定保险费率的主要因素有哪些?

B: First, I think it is the carrying vessel, like its age, classification, ownership and management. And the second is packing.
首先,我认为是运载船只的情况。比如它的船龄,类型,船主及管理。此次就是包装。

A: Packing should be seaworthy for strong enough to endure rough handling.
包装应适合海运或足够坚固,经得住野蛮装卸。

B: In some cases, it is. But not for air freight and container shipment, they tend to require less packing.
在某种情况下不是这样的。空运和集装箱运输就不是这样,我们往往要求较少的包装。

A: How about the type of merchandize to be shipped?
装运商品的类型有关系吗?

B: It must be considered, because some goods are more vulunerable to damage.
当然需要加以考虑。因为有些产品更易破损。

A: I guess the distance of transportation and modes of transport also influence the rates.
我想运输距离和方式也会影响费率的。

B: Right. Sometimes, underwriters charge you at a higher premium just because the goods are easily to be damaged or get stolen.
是的。有时候保险商会因为发运货物受损或易被偷窃,而收取较高的保险费。

A: Are there close connections between the types of risks and the premium?
保险险种和费率之间关系密切吗?

B: Yes, the more expensive cover is required, the higher the premium rate is.
是的,保险范围越广,保险费率就越高。

A: If the goods to be shipped are glassware, the premium rate against all risks including breakage differs greatly from that excluding it.
如果所投保的货物是玻璃制品,投保包括破碎险在内的一切险种与不包括破碎险的相比有很多的区别。

B: Last but not least, the volume of cargo. That means a substantial shipment may get more favorable premium.
最后一点重要的是商品数量。就是说大批量的货物运输可能获得更优惠的保险费率。

A: I am clear about the rates now. I really appreciate your help.
现在我清楚了。感谢你的帮助。

B: I'm entirely at your service.
愿意为您效劳。