和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 我们讲的英语

正文

我们讲的英语 第1期:Bits and bobs 七零八碎

2014-02-10来源:和谐英语

Feifei: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Feifei.

菲菲:大家好,欢迎来到“我们所说的英语”栏目。我是菲菲。

Neil: (Sounding distracted) Yeah, Hi, I'm err, Neil.

尼尔:(漫不经心地)嗯,大家好,我是,呃,尼尔。

Feifei: Neil, what are you doing? Can we record this programme please?

菲菲:尼尔,你在做什么呢?我们现在可以开始录音了吗?

Neil: Yes, sure, just a second. (Talking to himself) I still need to call the bank, turn off mobile data roaming, finish this script, buy mosquito repellent…

尼尔:好的,当然,就等一会儿。(自言自语)我还得给银行打电话,关掉手机数据漫游,完成这篇脚本,买防蚊剂。。。

Feifei: What are you talking about? We need to record this programme!

菲菲:你在说什么?我们还得录节目呢!

Neil: Yes, I know, just a minute. (Carrying on talking to himself) need to pick up the Euros, check-in, pack the bag…

尼尔:是的我知道,就等一下。(继续自言自语)还得取点儿欧元,领登机卡,装包。。。

Feifei: Neil! What on earth are you talking about?

菲菲:尼尔!你到底在说什么?

Neil: Sorry Feifei. I'm trying to sort out some bits and bobs before I go on holiday tomorrow.

尼尔:对不起菲菲,我在理清楚我明天度假之前需要的一些“bits and bobs”的事情。

Feifei: Bits and bobs? What has Bob done? Why do you need to sort out Bob before you go on holiday?

菲菲:“bits and bobs”?关Bob什么事?为什么你去度假之前要理清Bob的事情?

Neil: No, no. I don't mean I need to sort out 'Bob'. The word 'Bob' here is not a person.

尼尔:不不,我不是指要理清“Bob”的事情。“Bob”这个单词在这儿不是指一个人。

Feifei: It's not a person? So what does 'bits and bobs' mean then?

菲菲:指的不是人?那“bits and bobs”是什么意思?

Neil: In English, we use 'bits and bobs' to mean small things, or many different types of little jobs.

尼尔:英语里,我们用“bits and bobs”来表示小事,或者七零八碎的事情。

Feifei: Ah, so what you meant was you had a lot of small things to sort out before you go on holiday?

菲菲:啊,所以你刚才是说你去度假之前有很多七零八碎的小事要理清?

Neil: Yes, that's right. Now let's hear some examples. 

尼尔:是的。现在让我们来听一下例子吧。

A: What are you doing tomorrow?

A:你明天做什么?

B: Nothing special, just a few bits and bobs.  

B:没什么特别的,就是一些七零八碎的事情。

Mum: Alex, can you tidy up all your bits and bobs?

妈妈:艾利克斯,你能不能把你那些七零八碎整理干净?

Son: OK.

儿子:好吧。

A: Have you been to the shop round the corner?

A:你去街角的那家店了吗?

B: No, I haven't. Is it good?

B:还没去。那家店怎么样?

A: Aw, it's great – it sells all sorts of interesting bits and bobs. 

A:好极了。那儿卖很多七零八碎的好玩玩意儿。

Neil: Do remember 'bits and bobs' is an informal saying so we wouldn't use it in a formal situation.

尼尔:一定要记住“bits and bobs”是一种非正式的说法,所以我们不在正式场合用它。

Feifei: Neil, what about the phrase 'bits and pieces'? Is it the same as 'bits and bobs'? 

菲菲:尼尔,那“bits and pieces”这个短语呢?是不是和“bits and bobs”一样?

Neil: Yes, 'bits and pieces' is another informal way of saying 'lots of small things'.

尼尔:是的,“bits and pieces”是另一种“七零八碎”的非正式说法。

Feifei: I see, so they are the same, thank you. (Panicking) Oh no, it's 7 o'clock. I need to go! 

菲菲:我懂了。所以它们是一样的。(慌张)噢不,已经七点了。我得走了。

Neil: But we need to finish recording the programme… 

尼尔:但是我们还得录节目。。。

Feifei: You can finish it Neil. I have to get all the bits and bobs for the party tonight before the shops close! Bye…
 

菲菲:你可以做完的,尼尔。我得在商店关门之前把今晚派对的一些七零八碎的东西买齐。拜拜。。。

Neil: Err, OK. Well, maybe we can just finish it tomorrow? (Talking to himself again) I have got the visa, still need buy travel insurance and a guidebook. Ooh, must remember to ring my mum…