我们讲的英语第8期:Out of the picture不相干的
Feifei: Hi Finn. I am glad you could come to my house to take a picture of my special friend.
菲菲:你好,芬。你能到我家来帮我一个特殊的朋友拍照我很开心。
Finn: My pleasure, Feifei. I take pride in being a great photographer. I brought some of my best pictures.
芬:小事一桩,菲菲。我很自豪我是一个很好的摄影师。我带来了一些我最喜欢的照片。
Feifei: Let me have a look.
菲菲:让我看看。
Finn: Yes. I took this one during a trip to Paris.
芬:好的。这张我在巴黎旅游时拍的。
Feifei: I remember. The trip you took last summer with your girlfriend Ann.
菲菲:我记得。你去年夏天和你女朋友安一起去的。
Finn: Oh, Ann… She is out of the picture. Look at the Eiffel Tower. I bet you've never seen it from this angle.
芬:噢,安。。。她没在照片里。看埃菲尔铁塔,我敢打赌你肯定没从这个角度看过它。
Feifei: And this other one…
菲菲:这一张呢。。。
Finn: Yes, yes. This other one I took at a dinner party in my flat.
芬:哦,这一张是我在我公寓里的一个晚宴上拍的。
Feifei: Yes, with your flatmate Johnny.
菲菲:是的,和你的室友强尼。
Finn: My ex-flatmate "Dirty Socks" Johnny. He is out of the picture too.
芬:我的前室友“臭袜子”强尼。他也没在照片里。
Feifei: Finn, I can see him in this photo and … you keep talking about having your friends out of the picture… I want my friend to be in the picture!
菲菲:芬,我能看见他在照片里而且。。。你总是说不把你的朋友拍进照片。。。可我就想我的朋友拍在照片里。
Finn: Oh, Feifei, no. Ann and Johnny appear in some of my snaps. But Ann is not my girlfriend anymore. She ran away with a Frenchman…
芬:噢,菲菲,不。安和强尼在我其他的一些照片里。但是安已经不是我的女朋友了。她和一个法国佬跑了。。。
Feifei: Oh… and what happened to Johnny?
菲菲:噢。。。那强尼呢?
Finn: "Dirty Socks" Johnny moved out. He used to leave his socks everywhere!
芬:“臭袜子”强尼搬出去了。他以前把他的袜子到处乱丢。
Feifei: Oh, so you are no longer in touch with them.
菲菲:噢,所以你不再和他们联系了。
Finn: Exactly. In English, when we say someone is "out of the picture" we mean we don't count on them anymore. They are no longer involved in a particular situation. Let's hear some examples.
芬:正是这样。在英语里,当我们说某人“out of the picture”我们的意思是我们不再指望他们了。他们不再和一个特定的情况有关了。让我们听一些例子。
Divorce was good for Mrs Jones. She looks very happy with her husband out of the picture.
离婚对琼斯夫人来说是好的。她和她的丈夫再无瓜葛之后她看起来很高兴。
My team is bound to lose this weekend now that our best player is out of the picture. He broke his leg yesterday.
既然我们最好的队员无法参加,我们的团队注定要输掉周末的比赛了。他昨天摔断了他的腿。
Finn: So now that this is clear, where is your special someone? Shall we go out into the garden? The lighting is really good outside. I'll take a great picture!
芬:现在很清楚了。你那特殊的朋友在哪儿呢?我们要不要一起去花园?外面的光线很好。我会拍出很好的照片的。
Feifei: Follow me.
菲菲:跟我来。
(Outdoors)
(室外)
Feifei: Here's my special friend!
菲菲:这就是我特殊的朋友!
Finn: But this… Feifei, this is a hamster!
芬:但是这。。。菲菲,这是一只仓鼠!
Feifei: Yes! My pet's name is "Cutie Pie"! Oh my little sweetie, little friend! Isn't he cute, Finn?
菲菲:是的!我的宠物叫“小甜心”,噢我的小可爱,我的小朋友。难道他不可爱吗?芬?
Finn: He is not very photogenic, I'm afraid, Feifei.
芬:他不是很上镜,我恐怕拍不好。菲菲。
Feifei: Come on, Finn. Look at him! (to the hamster) Sweetie yummy come to mummy. You're going to be in the picture! Yes, you are!
菲菲:过来啊芬。看看他!(朝着仓鼠)小可爱,来妈妈这儿。你要拍照片啦!是的你要拍啦!
Finn: Oh dear! I can kiss goodbye to my career as a serious photographer...
芬:我的天哪!我得对我摄影师的职业说再见了。
Feifei: Bye.
菲菲:再见。
Finn: Bye.
芬:再见。
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移