我们讲的英语第141期:Bounce 离开
William: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. My name is William Kremer.
威廉:大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是威廉·克莱默。
Li: I'm Yang Li.
莉:我是杨莉。
William: Li, do you mind if we don't look at a phrase today?
威廉:莉,我们今天不学习短语,你介意吗?
Li: Don't look at a phrase? So what do you want to do today instead?
莉:不学习短语?那你今天想做什么呢?
William: Erm, nothing actually. I've got to go and meet a friend at the airport.
威廉:嗯,实际上也没什么。我要去机场接一个朋友。
Li: So what are you saying, William? That you don't have time for today's programme?
莉:威廉,你在说什么?你没有时间主持今天的节目了吗?
William: Is that all right?
威廉:这样行吗?
Li: Oh well...
莉:哦……
William: Well, thanks Li! I'm just going to bounce.
威廉:嗯,谢谢你,莉!我要离开了。
Li: Hey, William, wait, wait! What do you mean? What did you say just now?
莉:嘿,威廉,等等!你是什么意思?你刚刚说了什么?
William: I'm just going to bounce; I'm going to leave.
威廉:我要离开了;我要走了。
Li: I think we need to hear another example of that phrase.
莉:我想我们需要听听这个短语的其他例子。
Man: Hey Tom-where are you going? The party's just getting started!
男:嗨,汤姆,你要去哪啊?派对马上就要开始了!
Man 2: Ah sorry dude, I gotta bounce. I'm on an early shift tomorrow.
男2:啊,抱歉,伙计,我要走了。我明天要上早班。
Li: In that clip we heard someone saying he had to leave a party.
莉:刚刚我们听到一个人说他必须要从聚会上离开。
William: Yes, that's right. He said "I gotta bounce".
威廉:对,没错。他说“我要离开了”。
Li: To bounce usually means for something to go up and down. But where does this slang usage come from, William?
莉:bounce通常是指某个东西上下晃动。不过威廉,这个俚语来自哪里?
William: Well, 'bounce' meaning 'to leave' comes from the USA and it's urban slang, so it's something that young cool kids might say.
威廉:bouce这个词的离开一意来自美国,这是一个城市俚语,这是一个很酷的孩子们会使用的词。
Li: Not you, then.
莉:那就不是你用的词了。
William: What do you mean?
威廉:你什么意思?
Li: Well you're not young or cool. You are a middle-class Englishman in his thirties.
莉:嗯,你既不年轻也不酷。你是一个三十几岁的英国中产男子。
William: Li, that's not fair! I listen to hip hop. And one of my jumpers has a hood.
威廉:莉,这不公平!我会听嘻哈乐。我还有一件带兜帽的毛衣呢。
Li: Anyway, we have talked about a phrase now. So if you like, you can bounce now.
莉:不管怎么说,我们已经讲了一个短语。所以如果你愿意的话,那你现在就可以走了。
William: Right. Bouncing.
威廉:好的。我走了。
Li: Now that he's gone let's relax with some nice music...
莉:既然他已经离开了,我们来听一些优美的音乐放松一下……
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移