我们讲的英语第156期:Loved Up 坠入爱河
Finn: Welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Finn.
芬恩:欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是芬恩。
Li: (Very happy) And I'm Yang Li…
莉:(非常高兴)我是杨莉……
Finn: How are you today, Li?
芬恩:莉,你今天过得怎么样?
Li:(Dreamy, romantic voice) Oh fantastic. Just great. Amazing…
莉:(梦幻的、浪漫的声音)哦,非常美妙。非常棒,棒极了……
Finn: Really? Great… ok. Are you ready to start the programme?
芬恩:真的吗?太好了……你准备好开始今天的节目了吗?
Li: (Dreamy, romantic voice) Any time… Isn't life wonderful?
莉:(梦幻的、浪漫的声音)随时都可以……生活是不是很美妙?
Finn: Are you sure you're alright?
芬恩:你确定你还好吧?
Li: Perfect. He's lovely, isn't he? He's perfect!
莉:非常好。他很迷人,不是吗?他太完美了!
Finn: Oh, I see! You're talking about your new boyfriend. You're so loved up right now, Li!
芬恩:哦,我明白了!你在说你的新男友。莉,你现在完全坠入爱河了!
Li: But he has the most beautiful eyes and smile. And when he dances…
莉:他有最美丽的眼睛和微笑。他跳舞的时候……
Finn: Li! (To audience) Well, I think Li is completely loved up - which is our phrase for the day. When you're loved up, it means you are really happy because you're in love.
芬恩:莉!(对观众说)嗯,我想莉完全坠入爱河了,这就是我们今天要学的短语。you're loved up意思是你正在热恋所以非常幸福。
Li: He dances like a dream, especially salsa…
莉:他跳舞时就像梦境一样,尤其是他跳萨尔萨舞的时候……
Finn: You know, I think I'm going to have to present the rest of this programme on my own. As you can see, when you're loved up, sometimes you don't pay a lot of attention to things around you.
芬恩:你知道,我想我要独自主持剩下的节目了。正如你们看到的,当你陷入爱河时,你根本不怎么注意你周围的事情。
She's so loved up at the moment. She even forgets to eat lunch.
她现在完全坠入爱河了。她甚至忘记了吃午饭。
Finn: It can also be used to describe a couple who are very much in love, and who openly show their affection in public.
芬恩:这个短语也可以用来形容非常相爱的情侣,这些情侣经常公开炫耀爱情。
They're always together; holding hands, laughing. They seem so happy. They're really loved up!
他们总是在一起;牵手,欢笑。他们看起来非常幸福。他们真的坠入爱河了!
Finn: Li, Li… Li, how long have you been in love? Hello?!
芬恩:莉,莉……莉,你恋爱多长时间了?清醒点?!
Li: Ooh, I'm going salsa dancing tonight with him, and I can't wait. Oh, he's so gorgeous. Don't you think, Finn?
莉:哦,我今晚要和他一起跳萨尔萨舞,我都等不及了。哦,他太迷人了。芬恩,你觉得呢?
Finn: Yes, sure, he's so gorgeous. Anyway, I'm getting a bit lonely here. Maybe I should take up salsa dancing too? Ok, bye for now everyone! Li, time to say goodbye.
芬恩:对,当然,他非常迷人。不管怎么样,我觉得有点儿孤独。也许我也应该去参加萨尔萨舞课程吗?好吧,现在该说再见了!莉,是结束节目的时间了。
Li: Oh yeah, goodbye, bye, bye!
莉:哦,好啊,再见,再见,再见!
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移