和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 英语口语练习小对话

正文

英语口语练习小对话 第9期:妻管严

2012-07-28来源:和谐英语

习语:a hen-pecked husband

知识点津:hen-pecked表示“受老婆虐待或怕老婆的人”,所以a hen-pecked husband指的是“怕老婆的人”,和中文的“妻管严”类似。

支持范例:

He is a hen-pecked husband and his wife wears the trousers on all the matters.

他是个“妻管严”,家里事无巨细全由老婆说了算。

He never does anything without asking his wife first—he's a completely hen-pecked husband.

他做任何事都要首先请示他老婆—他是个十足的“妻管严”。

Yes, everyone knows he is a hen-pecked husband.

对呀,大家都知道他家有母老虎。

迷你对话:

A :Does your wife work?

你的妻子工作吗?

B :Yes, she does. She works at home.

是的,她在家工作。

A :Oh, I understand. She cooks, cleans and takes care of children. Is that right?

哦,我明白了。他做饭,打扫屋子,看孩子,对吗?

B :Oh, no. Most of the time I do these things. She is a writer.

哦,不。大多数时间是我干这些活。她是个作家。

A :You are reallya hen-pecked husband.

你可真是个“妻管严”呀。

词海拾贝:

take care of:照顾,照料

I ached to be of an age to take care of myself.

我巴望能到自食其力的年龄。

I' ll take care of the affairs of office.

我来处理办公室的日常事务。