英语口语练习小对话 第85期:突然发生
迷你对话:
A:Sorry, honey, something has cropped up again. I have to deal with it. Perhaps I will go to back home till very late.
对不起,亲爱的,又发生了点意外的事情,我得留下来处理,坑呢要很晚才能回家。
B:It's nothing. It's not the first time anyway.
没关系,反正不是第一次了。
A:Oh, come on. I will be back as early as possible.
哦,得了,我会尽可能快早点回去。
B:I hope so.
但愿如此。
地道表达:
短语crop up的意思是“突然发生或出现”,作为这一层意思,crop up等于crop out。另外crop up还有“被提到”的意思。
支持范例:
Eg.Similar problems may crop up in our future work.
在我们的工作中,今后还可能出现类似的问题。
Eg.Erroneous views may crop up during discussions, but that is nothing to be afraid of.
讨论当中可能会出来一些错误的意见,也不可怕。
Eg.Of course new problems will crop up and have to be tackled.
当然也还有新问题,还需要继续解决。
Eg.I put it upon myself to answer for anything that might crop up.
我对任何可能发生的事情负责。
词海拾贝:
1.deal with:处理,对付
Eg.Do you know how to deal with this problem?
你知道怎样处理这个问题吗?
Eg.His work experience equipped him to deal with all kinds of people.
他的工作经验使他能与各种各样的人打交道。
Eg.I refuse to deal with that firm any longer.
我拒绝不再同那家公司交易。
Eg.It is not the function of this committee to deal with dismissals.
处理解雇问题不是本委员会的职责.
2.till late:直到深夜
Eg.We debated on the question till late into the night.
我们就这个问题辩论到深夜。
Eg. Istayed up till late last night.
昨天晚上我熬夜了。
Eg.He studied till late last night,or rather, early this morning.
他昨天一直学习到深夜,或者更确地说,一直到今天凌晨。
Eg.I am not a workaholic, I can't stand working till late frequently.
我不是工作狂,我不能忍受经常工作到很晚。
3.as early as possible:尽可能早
Eg.OK, we have let you know as early as possible.
好的,我们会让你们尽早知道。
Eg.She kept on to the director to make a decision as early as possible.
她一再催促主任尽早作出决定。
Eg.They've got to give you their best advice as early as possible.
他们应能尽早向你提出好建议。
Eg.You'd better start off as early as possible lest you should be late.
免得迟到, 你最好趁早动身。
口语句子:
It's nothing.
我们表述某件事情不重要时,可以说这句话,可以翻译为:“没关系。”“不要紧。”它后面还可以加一些词语进行修饰,例如:
Eg.It' s nothing to speak of.
那不值得一提。
Eg.It' s nothing to be surprised about.
没有什么值得大惊小怪的.
Eg.I have completed my examination and I am happy to say it 's nothing serious .
我已经检查完了,我高兴地说病情并不严重。