和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 英语口语练习小对话

正文

英语口语练习小对话 第878期:走漏风声;泄露机密

2015-08-14来源:和谐英语

1. with kid gloves:谨慎小心地,巧妙灵活地;审慎周到地

e.g. Well, that was war, and only fools thought it could be waged with kid gloves on.

嘿,战争就是这样,只有傻瓜才会以为打起仗来还能那么温良恭让呢。

e.g. He gets angry ever easily; you must handle him with kid gloves.

他动辄发脾气,你要小心地对付他。

e.g. In presidential campaigns, foreign policy is treated with kid gloves.

在总统竞选活动中,外交政策问题会被小心对待。

e.g. Some artists have to be handled with kid gloves.

和有些艺术家打交道时要谨慎。

2. put someone in the picture about something:让某人了解某事的具体情况

e.g. Members of Parliament insisted on being put in the picture about the government's plans.

议员坚持要充分了解政府计划的详情。

e.g. Can you put me in the picture about the World Cup Football Match?

你能给我讲讲关于世界杯足球赛的状况吗?

e.g. He's is away for several week, and we'd better put him in the picture about her daughter’s death at once.

他已经离开几星期了,我们最好立即把他女儿死亡的情况告诉他。

3. go on:进行,发生

e.g. While this conversation was going on, I was listening with earnest attention.

这场对话进行的时候,我聚精会神地听着。

e.g. I don't know what's going on.

我不知道发生了什么事。

4. put out a feeler:(用言语和行动)试探某人的反应,提示试探性意见

e.g. After five minutes like this, Li Yu-ting could hold out no longer, and decided to put out a feeler.

大约五分钟过去了,李玉亭再也捱不下,决定先说几句试探的话。

e.g. The chairman put out a feeler to see people's remarks to his election speech.

主席谨慎地试探人们对他的竞选演说的评论。

e.g. Will you give your friends a buzz and put out a feeler to see if they like to offer me a loan?

A:给你的朋友打个电话,问问他们能不能给我贷点款好吗?

5. move on:(结束某活动后) 改做别事

e.g. I'm trying to move on to a new job and stretch myself with something different.

我正想换工作,想尝试点不一样的事情来挑战一下自己。

e.g. She ran this shop for ten years before deciding to move on to fresh challenges.

在决定涉足新的领域时,她经营这家商店已有10年。

e.g. His mother, Julia, soon moved on to a new relationship.

他妈妈朱莉娅很快又开始了一段新恋情。

e.g. Now, can we move on and discuss the vital business of the day.

现在,我们接着往下讨论今天的重要事宜。