白领应急英语口语 入职之初13 了解公司规定
常用应急场景
范例一:Security regulations 安全守则
Lucy, I’d like to fix the light in the corridor, it keeps flashing, which drives me crazy. Would you like to help me with the ladder?
Lucy,我想修理过道上的灯,它一直闪,让我快抓狂了。你可以帮我扶一下梯子吗?
Monica, wait a moment. I think we’d better call the repair man to do it.
Monica,等等。我想我们最好打电话叫维修人员来修。
I think I can handle it by myself.
我想我自己可以修。
I’d like you to have a look at the safety manual of our company.
你想让你看一下我们公司的安全手册。
I see. If I got hurt when fixing the light, even during office hours, I wouldn’t get compensation from our company since repairing is not my responsibility.
我看了。如果我在修灯的时候受伤了,即使是在办公时间,我也不会从公司那里获得赔偿,因为维修不是我的责任。
Other company rules also need your attention.
公司其它的规则你也要注意。
Like this one? 像这个吗?
Never wear loose clothes or hair when operating the shredder.
操作碎纸机的时候不要穿宽松的衣服或者散发。
Yeah, thank you for telling me. 是的,谢谢你告诉我。
Don’t mention it. 不客气。
范例二:Work time and breaks 工作时间和休息
Didn’t you punch in this morning, Monica? Monica,今天早上你没有打卡吗?
Sorry, I don’t know the rule about punching. 对不起,我不知道打卡的规则。
That’s ok. I should have told you earlier. This is a company rule.
没关系。我之前应该告诉你的。这是公司的一个规定。
Do we also need to punch out after work?
我们下班也要打卡吗?
According to the company rule, we should punch in before 8 o’clock and punch out after 5 o’clock every work day.
根据公司的规定,在工作日我们必须在8点之前打卡上班,在5点之后打卡下班。
How about the lunch break, Lucy? Lucy,那午餐休息时间呢?
From 11:30 to 1 o’clock. 从11点半到1点。
May I ask whether we need to work overtime? 我可以问一下我们是否要加班吗?
Sometimes, but not quite often. 有时,但不是很经常。
范例三:Work taboos 工作禁忌
May I ask whether we are allowed to wear casual clothes in the office?
我可以问一下我们是否被允许穿便装上班。
Sure, company rules are not very strict at this point.
当然,公司在这方面的规定不是很严格。
Thank you for telling me that.
谢谢你告诉我。
But remind you, there are some forbidden activities.
但是提醒你,有一些禁止的事情。
What are they? I’ll be careful.
是什么?我会注意的。
Don’t use office phones for personal matters.
不要用公司的电话做私人的事。
I got it. 我知道了。
Never ever come to work drunk, also smoking in the office is not allowed.
不要酒后上班,在办公室抽烟也是不允许的。
I see
我明白了。